Limerick GAA - All-Ireland senior hurling champions 2018

Just passing through Charleville, a lot of green and white flags!

A lot down by the cheese factory. The limk border is just by the gate there.

your fears hopefully put aside now bando

2 Likes

Bar Fitzgibbon , Charleville has given cork fuck all in my time . Compared to a similar sized town like Kilmallock it has been a disaster . Mallow is another wasteland ( Fergal McCormack ?)) @balbec

1 Like

Club asked for it for a race night they are organising, but were told itā€™s not allowed in a pub

2 Likes

compared to a tiny little village down the road in newtown which has produced numerous AI winners for Cork.

Youā€™re right a big wasteland in between Mallow and Charleville (kanturk aside).

Ballyhea has the best of them all in that youngfella Callaghan but he is too mental to play senior by all accounts

that is a bit precious now I must say

Iā€™ve heard a lot of stories about him in the past few years. Bit of a head case id say

Been told that the cup is booked out for every weekend between now and Christmas.

Weā€™re getting it to our club for one night for a Bord na nOg event next month. :clap:

1 Like

I was talking to a fella from Ballyhea recently enough and the story from there is heā€™s too quiet to go up by himself. Heā€™s a bit of a loner and wonā€™t go into a dressing room or up to training by himself.

Thereā€™s talk of bringing on a random fella from Ballyhea just to get him to go up.

Shower of cunts

3 Likes

Newtown and Ballyhea also between them two places. Shocking return from two bigger towns alright. Townie cunts

That isnā€™t true at all I know him well enough. Heā€™ isnā€™t any more mental than the rest of us but because heā€™s a good hurler but not that interested all these odd theories appear. Tom Ryan from liberties had similar crap made up about him.

1 Like

Iā€™m only relaying what I heard.

I suppose if you were from Ballyhea youā€™d want to be making up stories other than a fella isnā€™t interested.

According to 2016 census figures, Charleville has a population of almost 4,000. Which would make it bigger than any Limerick town bar Newcastle.

And over twice the size of Kilmallock.

1 Like

And mallow bigger again

I know they play a bit of soccer in Charleville, would they play much football?

I presume theyā€™re senior in Cork? Considering you canā€™t get relegated for some reasonā€¦

No football. Premier intermediate hurling

Intermediate they are . They got to a junior all Ireland a few years back .

Hurling is finished in cork.