Limerick GAA - All-Ireland senior hurling champions 2018

Clareā€™s team of non physical midgets are ideal opponents for Cork. This Cork side will win more than they lose in open, free flowing shootouts. Very strong forward line.

I think thatā€™s why Cork struggle in the league. Rarely open matches. Boggy pitches, no bounce on the ball and often overpowered by physically stronger sides in a battle.

Coleman got an easy ride all last summer until Waterford threw Brick Walsh in on him and he was all at sea. Roasted in the semi final. Letā€™s see what heā€™s like when he has Hayes and Hegarty bullocking into him. Ditto that Charleville cunt in midfield getting a Byrnes shoulder special early on if he runs through the middle. Not sure if this Cork team like it up ā€˜em. If itā€™s a shoot out theyā€™ll probably win though.

3 Likes

Said this a long way back during the league. We canā€™t keep relying on creating so many chances that we can afford to waste so many. When we meet better teams the amount of scoring chances we have will go down. Our conversion rate will need to improve a lot.

Bar Nicky, brynes, Dan Morrissey and Hickey our other 11 starters have knocked cork out of championship at minor and 21 level. Our lads are better and theyā€™ve absolutely no fear of cork what so ever. The Cork team is built around a bunch of lads that have consistently fallen short at the top level. They are a decent team with one or two very good hurlers but when itā€™s shoved up to them good and tough they donā€™t want to know about it. If limerick play to their capabilities they will win. Donā€™t be building them into something they are not.

1 Like

You are on the ball here. Cork love this bollix.

Itā€™s 10 years since Cork beat us in a meaningful match at either minor or U-21 level.

1 Like

Exactly. Donā€™t be going building them into Something they are not. If we play to our strengths and stick to our game plan we will beat them. English and finn will be licking their lips facing into the windy cork cunts like Horgan and lehane.

1 Like

I would think that Cork are Munster champions and limerick have been shite for years is far more relevant.

Last years championship is of zero relevance to this limerick team now. Munster champions means nothing. Cork had one important game last year v Waterford in the all Ireland semi final and they togged it, collapsed and then imploded against an ok Waterford team.

Exactly. A reality check might be no harm at all.

This is a new Limerick team, the last few years are totally irrelevant really.

I thought Cork were Munster champions but finished the year being seen as probably the 3rd ranked side in Munster.

Theyā€™re decent, but it is only Cork at the end of the day. Iā€™d expect to win if we get our tactics and setup right.

I expect to win and itā€™s not to do with tactics, but people are being too dismissive of a good cork side who will fancy beating us just as much as we fancy beating them. I think weā€™re getting ahead of ourselves a bit, weā€™ll know more about limerick after this game I hope.

1 Like

Cork are Cork lads. Only a fool would underestimate them.

4 Likes

If we get our tactics wrong, I expect Cork will win. They know exactly what theyā€™re at at this stage.

But I expect we will get it right.

I donā€™t think anyone is being dismissive of them really. Theyā€™re handy but so are we. Itā€™s not Kilkenny 2006-2009 weā€™re talking about. They have their strengths but also flaws like everyone else.

1 Like

We struggled to beat Tippā€™s B team lads - Cork are Munster Champions and but for a sending off more than likely would have been in the AI last year - They are a battle hardened 1 A team, have clinical forwards and the majority of their team is well established. Plus the game is in Cork ā€¦ we will be massive, massive underdogs going into this and Cork will rightly be hot favourites with the bookies.

Hopefully Cork stuff Tipp next weekend as it would put Tipp under serious pressure to make it and make Cork favs against us

Kingston to be fair didnā€™t do at all bad last Sunday when introduced .

My man says he was dealing with a few niggles and will be in top form shortly. Cadogan is out for another month at least.

If Cork beat Tipperary on Sunday, one more win from our remaining three games should be enough to qualify for the All-Ireland series. If Waterford beat Clare, itā€™s as good as guaranteed.

Definitely hoping Tipp and Clare can drop points at home this weekend. I donā€™t think either will though.

Cadogan potentially back for WD game. Might rush him back for LK if we get beat on Sunday but id let him alone

Tim o mahony another gteed starter who wasnt fit for last week. Ellis wont do at centre back so O Mahony might get the nod and they would probably shuttle ellis to midfield