Limerick GAA - All-Ireland senior hurling champions 2018

I didn’t read it

Don’t. You’ll never get that time back

LK were decidedly average last week . Tipp were shit ( and that might not be any better ) and led by a point after 61 minutes. . If Lk don’t improve they won’t win another game .

We have plenty left in the tank,id rather play shit and win every time than play unreal and lose.Plenty of times we have had the latter.

2 Likes

You are not a great wordsmith when it comes to motivation.

Last week’s game was poor enough all told . Time will tell if we have more in the tank . My worry is how we handle pace in the middle third . Tipp had no energy or pace last Sunday .

1 Like

I am a realist explaining to Brimmer than Lk people are critical that we didn’t give them a hiding last week . :sunglasses:

No team faster than Cork we will know soon enough I guess!

Has anyone considered the fact that we never really needed to turn it on. Truth be told even after the second goal we still had them reeled in fairly quickly. Went three points up , goaled and saw it through. There was no need to go hell for leather.

I think we can win but improvement needed .

1 Like

The conditions suited Tipperary. They must be the slowest team in the country. They brought us down to their level, a lucky goal and a few frees conceeded by Slippy kept it respectable.

Few comments still persisting here about beating Tipps B team. Fuck that, they were at the same shite after the league semi final. Tipp are being bigged up too much with fellas saying they’d fear them if we met them again. Why? Who have they to bring back? Brendan Maher and Bonnar are pushing on, nothing to fear there. They don’t have a full back. Bubbles levels of performance as a dangerous scoring threat has dropped alarmingly since 2014. He’s gone too unselfish now. Callanan over three years was as lethal a full forward who has probably ever played the game but can he get back up to those levels, I don’t know. I would fear John McGrath. Forde is good with ball in hand but not lightening quick. Barrett seems to be a total head the ball. When they emptied the bench on Sunday there was fuck all improvement.
I’m not writing them off for the year. They are still dangerous but I’d have no fear if we played them again. What’s becoming apparent is while there is all this talk about this being their B team, the changes to turn it into their A team mightn’t leave them any better

3 Likes

We brought a degree of intensity but my point is Tipp were really flat . Our good lines on Sunday , will have a real challenge against cork .

Agreed. Different game, different attitude needed. We will see how much we have matured Saturday week

Do we know if the game v Cork will be televised live?

It will on sky sports.

Peoples 90 year old grannies and savage hurling men will lose out so ??

It is the one game I will miss this year as I am in Spain, a Taverna, a good steak and a few beers. Limerick by 6+.

1 Like

Am looking at making a weekend of it with the family. Might book a couple of rooms somewhere. Probably will get rode though is of the bank holiday

I booked accommodation the other night. Pricey enough. Just the Saturday night…