Limerick GAA - All-Ireland senior hurling champions 2018

… 4 points would PROBABLY see us eliminated

I think Clare have every chance I’m going to Thurles and winning.

1 Like

I can’t see Waterford beating Tipp with all those injured & Moran suspended. But if they’re back against us, they definitely could have a kick in them.

Need a win next week alright.

This game against Cork is huge. Extra week’s rest and them coming off of such a tough game with only a 6 day turn around…we will hardly ever have a better shot. Win that and we roll on to the home game against Waterford (who will be out for the third week in a row by then) with a bit of breathing space. Much and all as I am not convinced by this Clare team, I really dont fancy going to Ennis needing a win.

2 Likes

Fully agree with all that

Next weekends game is no more or less important as it was two weeks ago. There might have been some theorists out there who believed a Cork win would somehow see them take their foot of the pedal next week. If the second half of today’s game in Thurles was as facile as the first, it would have been the same as a training session for them and they would have been well up for it. From a Limerick perspective the second half was exactly what they needed. Cork were out on their feet come full time and indeed another minute or two and Tipp may well have taken it.
A win next week is now a genuine possibility .
There is still every chance of us going to Ennis already qualified for a Munster final and that’s what we should aim for.

Tipp showed a big pair of balls in that second half. They also showed how Cork can be bate. Push up on them. Put their backs under pressure and you’ll turn the ball over. Corks panel is tight based on the subs they brought in. That Timmy O’Mahoney fella almost broke his own back trying to double on the ball. Big awkward cunt

Correct.

Cork are very dangerous when they break the lines and Fitzgibbon and Kearney running at you with 6 forwards roaming all over the place .
Tipperary let them do what they wanted first half.
as soon as their backs were pressed and their runners swamped it fell apart.
That’s not to say it’s as easy as that. Cork have some great stickmen and have serious pace.
Limerick will have to up the pace of their game.

Yeah cork have some fine hurlers alright. It’ll be a great battle. We can’t allow lehane and harnedy the freedom they got the last 2 days.

Gillane could do wreck in against that full back line with good ball. O’Donoghue is a fine corner back but he’s low sized and Gillane would be as quick as him. Gillane also has oceans more hurling than him. I’d try get Aaron isolated with him.

It’ll be interesting to see what if any tweaks Kiely will make. Possibly Mike Casey in for Slippy. Any news on Peter? Still out?

Casey may feature on the bench v clare and Waterford but he won’t be really back until the 21 v tipp.

True . If Lk let cork get a run on them they will be well beat . If Lk make it a battle they have a chance.

I don’t’ think this team know when they are beat to be honest,they never seem to panic and always get a second wind and purple patch.

They haven’t yet played a real championship match yet so we will see .

When you’re better than your opponent’s it’s never a real match. That tipp performance is understated. We dismantled them.

Lads,

Which stand is the better for tickets. I’ll pick em up during the week but haven’t been to the new pairc yet so was just wondering

Did you sort the accommodation?

No not yet

There’s a few hostels on McCurtain street that are cheap as fuck and leave you drink away all night.

1 Like

Much of a muchness I’d say viewing-wise, south is probably better, has two levels and maybe more facilities. Twas baltic enough in the north last weekend anyway.

1 Like

Hearing we are going into war unchanged from the last day.