Ding ding dong??

Have the flares sorted for Saturday!

5 Likes

Of course I remember him :sunglasses:

1 Like

Was that original Clarehurlers? That was a good forum

Was? Is it gone?

Hmm. What town was he from?

There was a very good forum called clarehurlers.com that closed down which led to AFR being quite a good forum, we know what happened,
Clarehurlers was resurrected and my mother always said that unless you want to say something good you should say nothing at all

NCW. :speak_no_evil:

What happened to AFR? I heard of it but never frequented it

The bossman had a meltdown.

Hmm further. You are correct.

The cans of Guinness after midnight just didn’t cut it anymore.

Everyone eventually got banned and were lost in the interspace for a while before finding a home here.

:no_mouth:

He shut it down overnight.
It was a decent forum, similar to here but much much busier and less cuntacting was tolerated, he seemed to get less and less tolerant and shut it down cause he couldn’t hack it, there was some brilliant posters who never resurfaced anywhere

The internet dumbed down and
they got older.

:thinking:

1 Like

TBF it was a much inferior forum design wise and he moderated it to death. He couldn’t hack any criticism whatsoever and was forever throwing strops so that lads would tell him how great he was. He was a bit like @Bandage except he had some actual power to do something about it.
It did have more users but 95% of threads were “who are the greatest 15 KK hurlers who ran a farm” or something along those lines and they were repeated ad nauseam. There were a few good WUM’s on there over the years but they only worked because the place was stocked with absolute simpletons new to the internet. People remember it fondly because it’s gone. It was long past it’s peak even by the time of it’s premature end.

4 Likes

Anyway, never mind this intercounty shite. Real hurling kicking off around now- the Junior Championship. Some fine games last year; plenty of entertainment. With St. Pat’s gone, be interesting to see who gets promoted- few decent West teams as always, Kilmallock have been there or thereabouts, maybe Caherline if they can pull things together.

Some interesting ties this round:

Tonight- Killeedy vs Rathkeale in Knockaderry at 7.30pm.
Last year’s champions pulled out of the All-County League and didn’t compete in the West League. Didn’t hurt them last year, but did lose their opening round game (also against Killeedy). I’d fancy Killeedy on the basis that I know they’ve been targeting this for a while; whereas Rathkeale are focusing on winning the Intermediate Football. Paul White will also surely be unavailable.

Thursday- Doon vs Caherline in Cappamore at 7.30pm.
Last year’s finalists. Caherline were very poor last year considering some of the players they have (although despite that only lost by a point to Rathkeale). Need to all be pulling in the one direction though, and I have no idea if that’s the case. Mad fuckers altogether. If they do, they have a chance at the County. Doon should be strong enough at this stage of the year but I’d be surprised if they were strong enough to beat the West sides in the latter stages.

Friday- Feenagh/Kilmeedy vs Adare in Ballingarry at 7.30pm.
Adare were shit last year but won the West League there; and Feenagh/Kilmeedy were unlucky to lose the West final last year and have been going well in the All-County League. Adare won by a point in the semi-final of the League, but I think F/K might just sneak it this time.

Askeaton play Kieran’s on Friday too; very tough group for Askeaton this year.

1 Like