Limerick GAA - Box Office

Say nothin till ye hear more

I’m working on my suggested 15 as we speak

1 Like

What we need is the u21 15 that you’d pick to play your senior 15, with detailed notes on match ups and who is going to mark Hannon at centre back.

1 Like

You keep your runaway forehead out of this chubster.

The Limerick way…

So basically you were talking shite and I correctly put you back in your box as would be expected from a Top Top Poster, such as myself. Just maintaining standards. Much love mate.

You wrote an earnest and heartfelt riposte to @deepthinker 's post, you simpleton. Think on that.

1 Like

Limerick need to start handing out latte’s after training instead of that Avonmore Protein milk shite. That’ll win us All Ireland’s

Scientifically proven…

It’s Avonmore based protein shakes pre-match and Lattes post match. Get it right…

Could they not just make the lattes from protein milk and drink them before and after?

Asking a fella to “Think on that” and referring to him as a “simpleton” is the sign of a severe rattling in fairness mate.

I’ve been out and about the last few weeks and I can tell you this much Limerick hurling is fucked. So called senior inter county hurlers walking around wearing beats headphones, wearing tracksuit pants too short for them along with ankle socks, pucking around with hurleys that have pink grips, getting bizarre haircuts with too much taken off the sides and nothing taken off the top and worst of all wearing wooly hats like this:

3 Likes

https://www.oneills.com/blog/the-limerick-jersey.html?utm_source=blog&utm_medium=blog&utm_campaign=limericklaunchnov16

:joy: :joy:

The first time I ever saw a green Limerick GAA jersey, it was worn by a Christian Brother, we’ll call him a Br Shaughnessy who’d just arrived in the school.

He decided to show us how to hurl, and like many’s the lads from the north where football was the thing, hurling was a bit of a novelty. He appeared down to the field with a bag of hurleys and a pocket full of sliotars. The lads were shocked to see him out of his black Christian Brothers soutane and in the worn battle marked green jersey. He tossed a ball in the air and drove it over the far cross bar. We watched, open mouthed in envy.

“Is that a Republic football jersey” one of the cognoscenti called. “No” replied the Brother, lifting another sliotar and dispatching it the same way as the first. This is a Limerick hurling jersey. It was green, emerald green, a white collar and cuff. The memory is as vivid now as the jersey was that day.

One day in class, half the lads were missing because of a bus strike. We asked Br Gavin to tell us about the hurling in Limerick. He told us how a good hurley was as important as a good hurler. The heft, the weight, the balance and the spring.

And he told us how he and his brothers, lads like ourselves spent the day out pucking around, working on their skill and their first touch. We sat transfixed.

7 Likes

That’s a bizarre haircut alright.

3 Likes

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

It would have been remiss of Brother Shaughs not to emphasise the importance of both the hip and the whip.

He was wasting his time. Those Nordies wouldn’t hurl spuds to ducks. He’d have been better off telling them about the politics in Limerick hurling.

Were any of these lads drinking latte’s by any chance?

Grown men wearing sports jerseys look silly regardless of it being GAA , soccer or rugby. Unless they are playing for that team.

1 Like