Limerick GAA - Box Office

If that’s true about the full forward vs full back one-on-one, you might have been a bit harsh on Richie? Almost impossible to succeed as a full-back when totally isolated.

Was wondering whether Hickey would be dropping right in front of him… we can’t afford to give up goals like we did last year.

Good question, @dodgy_keeper how often did hickey fall over?

1 Like

I presume a member of the Limerick panel was on Off the Ball tonight after our victory yesterday?

Upon mature reflection I may have been a tad harsh on Richie. He was in a no win situation really but looked uncomfortable all the same. Could easily have been taken for another goal or two. Mind you it’s still pre season.

I’m actually struggling to think of Seamus falling over even once yesterday!

Just looking over other threads - belated congrats @Julio_Geordio on your nuptials!

I think lads need to cut Richie some slack, Xmas is only over a few weeks. Come July he’ll be tip top again.

1 Like

https://youtu.be/sldmE-Dgl_I
Hopefully.

1 Like

Great awareness from Seamus to find Bubbles.

Richie Mac is a quality full back. He was destroyed once by Séamie Callinan while carrying a shoulder injury. Has got the upper hand of the best of them.

:smile:

Sure he did.

Limerick are finally moving in the right direction. Seems for a change the whole panel are behind the management. I met a few of the panel in the past few days and all are very optimistic for the year ahead. It’s going to be tough building a new team but at least there seems to be a few decent options all over the field.

5 Likes

That’s Johnny McCaffrey… I’m really interested to hear all about the time McCarthy failed to get the upper hand on him…

Football team announced for the game against Clare on Wednesday.

Couple of new names there- Daly & Ward of Fr. Casey’s. Collins & O’Carroll back obviously. Lee in there, otherwise all players who were there last year I believe.

1. Donal O’Sullivan (Monaleen),
  2. Daniel Daly (Fr Caseys),
  3. Johnny McCarthy (St Kierans),
  4. Sean O’Dea (Kilteely/Dromkeen),
  5. Paul White (Rathkeale),
  6. Iain Corbett (Newcastlewest) (Captain),
  7. Paul Hannon (Newcastlewest),
  8. Darragh Treacy (St Kierans),
  9. David Ward (Fr Caseys),
  10. Peter Nash (Kildimo/Pallaskernry),
  11. Ger Collins (Monaleen),
  12. Danny Neville (Ballysteen),
  13. Sean McSweeney (St Kierans)
  14. Seamus O’Carroll (Cappagh)
  15. Jamie Lee (Newcastlewest).

What age is Johnny McCarthy now? He’s been on the scene a good while now. Good operator. Was he there in 04?

He’d be at least a year younger than myself. I’d say he’s 32.

2 Likes

I’d have said he was 19 in 2004, which would leave him as 31/32 now.

Hard to believe he’s only that age, he seems to have been the senior player in the panel for a long, long time. Some operator tbf.

A great bit of stuff.

Looks like another struggle for the footballers this year. Great to have Ger Collins and Seamus O’Carroll back but it seems they’ll be missing Ian Ryan, Seanie Buckley, Gearoid Hegarty and Stephen Collins for most/all of the year - probably the four best or most important players in the panel.

The fixtures for the league haven’t done them any favours either. Wexford away and Westmeath in the first two matches so promotion will probably be gone after a couple of games.

Clare v Limerick

Sixmilebridge @ 7:30pm 18TH OF JAN

Are Clare playing their home games in Limerick now?

The Bridge is in clare the game is a waste of time anyway

Waist.