Limerick GAA - Box Office

Hopefully he will let some of the 7 goal heroes have another go at it against Kerry to see if a few lads can redeem them selves. Destroying Waterford and Clare is a very good return and we can start focusing on Wexford now.

Of that list, I agree on Quaid and Byrnes. Browne is only nailed on if he regains his previous levels, he wasn’t at the races last year and we have a lot more midfield options this year -Lynch, Lynch, Ryan, Ryan, O’Donovan, Dempsey. English will be pressed, I think Richie will hang on at full back and I agree with @slimjim that casey especially could overtake him for corner back. Nash looks likely at this stage but there’s going to be a lot of competition in the forwards yet. Cian Lynch will be in there somewhere for sure, ronan too I expect. I don’t see Gavin losing out and I expect hickey will make the cut too.

Richie English will be corner back come Championship. A fine player. Has been out of action for a while before last Sunday, there’ll be no fear of him.

3 Likes

He is a fine player, he’ll have strong competition though.

Wexford game is fast approaching time to start taking a stab at the starting 15,alot of options in certain positions so plenty of alternatives.This team wont be too far away though IMO.
Quaid
Casey
Richie
English
Byrnes
Hickey
Hannon
Jim Bob
Browney
Hegarty
Cian Lynch
John Fitz
Nash
Dowling
Mulcahy

Where are scores coming from?

The half back line

2 Likes

They sure as fuck aint coming from the front 6.

3 Likes

It’s a new strategy to combat compact defences, Byrnes And Hannon will be launching them wide from 100 yards out instead of the forwards driving them wide from 50

5 Likes

That team is near enough what we will be looking at next month.We will have a good bench to call upon with Morrisey,Gavin,Condon,Tobin,Hayes,the Dempseys and the Doonettes among others.

No room for Dempsey? Also no way Gavin doesn’t play.

I swear Byrnes scoring those 3 points against Clare were the worst thing to happen him, he’s the second coming of Christ according to some lads on here.

I’m a fan of him myself and hope he’s the real deal but he has some obvious weaknesses if you ask me.

1 Like

ASR v Midleton seems a battle .

I think Gavins best days are behind him,his best game came 8 years ago against Dublin in the middle and he struggles something awful in the air against big men(even last night albeit a challenge you knew it had to be him marking Conlon).He isn’t an inter-county forward either so that just leaves midfield for him now perhaps between him and Jim Bob.

They lost to a last minute penalty.

Yes , they pulled back a 5 point deficit to lead by one . The cocky cork fucker went for the goal from penalty . Thought he might have tapped it over. Ah well .

I think a place has to be found for him somewhere, half forward or wing back. He always steps up come summer too. I’d have him in my team.

Quaid
Hickey
McCarthy
Casey
Byrnes
O’Connell
O’Mahony
Browne
Dempsey
R Lynch
Downes
Morrissey
C Lynch
Dowling
Nash

Hickey corner back? Still? Seriously?
Bubbles bate him so bad in the corner that day it was like the Hamburglar in the Simpsons.

5 Likes

Great to see Ard Scoil beaten.

1 Like

The rest will do them lads the world of good. They’ve been on the road a long time.

3 Likes