Limerick GAA - Box Office

Colin Ryan in ahead of Pete Casey and that is a good team. Also O Donovan ahead of James Ryan. Kyle hayes is really impressing and colin ryan never bothered with the gym in his life until this winter so hopefully that helps him.

Speaking to a few of the players last night you can tell there really happy with the set up. Geary seems to be a big positive and talks a lot of sense. I was unsure of his appointment at the time but he seems to be impressing. Cunningham is only taking the odd drill here and there, I’m not sure what is the point of having him really.

Clare had their full team last night

That’s why I have Morrissey and Dempsey on the wings in my XV, best of what we have in that regard? Who would you put there yourself?

1 Like

To be honest, Cian and Ronan Lynch were as good as Gleeson underage, if not better. Morrissey, though a different type of Hurler wasn’t that far behind either. ALTC was a savage minor.

If Limerick hadn’t of being backguarded by the hawk eye point in the semi in 2013 , they would have got through to the final and beaten Waterford, over whom they had the Indian sign. History might have been a bit different since.

4 Likes

Don’t agree. James Ryan will be hard replaced in that midfield. He has the dog in him, the work rate he gets through is unreal. Donovan not at that level or anywhere near it yet.

Peter Casey is currently being rested from playing time and doing a lot of strength work in the gym. He has basically been told he is on the panel. Dowling the same. He’s gone fierce thin. I’m worried he’s losing muscle at this stage! :smile:

Peter Casey will do damage as a sub. Mike Casey is not short of pace or cut. I think Condon will struggle to get in the team.

[quote=“Fagan_ODowd, post:3378, topic:22756, full:true”]

While the Hawk eye controversy can be used as an excuse, it’s a load of bollox. Limerick got one of the handiest frees ever awarded in Croke park to level it up. The subsequent behaviour of the CHRISTMAS was nothing short of disgraceful

[quote=“iron_mike, post:3381, topic:22756, full:true”]

The CHRISTMAS?

:eek:

1 Like

Cian & Ronan Lynch are still U21 in 2017. Gleeson has matured quickly into a super player but in 2015 there was still a lot of rash headless play from him, let’s see how Kinnerk & Kiely do with these two lads over the next year. Cian has the ability to become as good a player as Gleeson. Barry Nash has the potential to be a top player too, might be a little rash but great natural attributes. Ronan Lynch could become another Hannon if they don’t quickly decide if he’s a forward or defender. Looks like Hannon will possibly get an extended run at 6 now after positive display last night.

Ah they were close but not quite at the same level. Skill wise he’s probably equal but Ronan Lynch has nowhere the same physical prowess that makes gleeson so effective, but when he develops a bit more will be a serious player.

I cant see the Hannon to 6 experiment working…know a lot of lads who’ve said for years that that’s his best position…He doesn’t have the aggression or fight in him for it imo.

Lovely hurler granted but he has to be further up the field.

James Ryan to 6.

1 Like

Cian and Ronan Lynch were never as good as Gleeson . Gleeson was utterly dominating games as a minor , the two Lynchs were super players in their own right but could not utterly dominate like Gleeson TBH .

Also both are 1 year younger than AG.

I think Mike Casey is definitely in with a shout of taking a corner, but I feel English is the one certainty in the full-back line, either at 3 or 4.

Casey, Condon, Richie and Hickey (maybe Cahill, Finn or SOB as outside shouts) will fight it out for the other two spots.

Agreed. There are a few players in the panel like Hegarty, Cahill and probably Jim-Bob who are better footballers than hurlers but Lynch is a better hurler, and I thought he’d have been worth trying in the half-back line.

I thought Browne was easily our best player for most of last season, and I have no doubt he’ll regain that form. He’s such an intelligent player that I reckon it’s him + 1 in midfield, even with all the competition.

As said above, I can’t see English missing out.

Same with Nash, lots of competition for places but our best forward of last year will be one of the 6. He’s the best direct runner in the panel, has a bit of edge about him, a real goalscoring threat which we are lacking and is able to win his own ball. Fast, strong, good in the air; I don’t see how he won’t make it.

And Lynch will play somewhere, for sure, he won’t be on the bench.

I do think that Gavin will probably make the cut but I personally wouldn’t have him in the team and I’d say he’ll be fighting hard to take a wing-back spot. Same with the likes of Dowling, who probably will make it. Wouldn’t be so sure about Hickey.

It actually is one I would have liked to see. Think that ship has sailed sadly, although he’s played there a bit for the Bouncers.

Paul Browne was very poor for Limerick last year.

1 Like

D Byrnes is still very raw and needs a lot of coaching. He cost the well v adare last year when he nearly killed nigel foley. He attacks balls he should never go near.

He started v well in the league against Wexford at home…was motm…but after that his performances dropped terribly.

If he can return to the form he was in 14-15 he would be a definite starter at 9…Darragh O’Donovan, Pat Ryan are still too raw and I don’t think Fitzgibbon is strong enough physically for senior intercounty…even though he is Adares most influential hurler at club level.