Limerick GAA - Box Office

Donovan was decent last year in a terrible set up. He’ll come on leaps and bounds. Jim bob is slowing down.

I’ll always give him huge credit for coming on against Clare and scoring the winning point in Thurles in the Munster QF a couple of years ago.

You come out with some right cuntish remarks sometimes.

2 Likes

Nothing cuntish at all really. Some lads like James Ryan can’t hurl but will go through a brick wall for you while others like fitz have the skill but not that hunger for it like others do.

Nice edit.

1 Like

If you wanted fitz on the team it would only be as a third midfielder type not a conventional midfielder no way.

The Lynchs x2 weren’t far off Gleeson as minors but Gleesons development since has been extraordinary. On a different level to everyone else in the country.

I’d be comparing the Lynchs to the Bennett x2 and Patrick Curran. On 2016, the Waterford lads are a good bit ahead especially in terms of work rate.

I wasn’t debating that. Just saying that what you posted makes you a little shit.

I probably could have worded it better alright.

We’d a terrible manager so all those players had little chance with us.

2014’s heroics cost Limerick hurling 2 years development when you look back on it rationally.

Beating Tipp in Mordor was unreal at the time…and the credit should have went to Allens setup over th 2 years previous.

TJ got the gig then as he showed loyalty to the panel when the expensive Corkman O’Grady fucked off back down the N20 with his corn flake box tactics.

You’ve an awful chip on your shoulder over not making it.

3 Likes

It was the Ard Scoil Boys what done it

1 Like

If I was picking the team for Wexford, I’d go:

Quaid
Casey
English
Condon
Byrnes
Hayes
Hegarty
Browne
Jim Bob
Nash
Morrissey
Dowling
Mulcahy
Ryan
Lynch

Although ballwinners in the half-forward line could be an issue, and I do think we could end up moving Hegarty or Hayes there just to win ball. Or maybe move Ryan to that line.

I’d like to see Gillane get a shot at the weekend, as well as Casey. I don’t think my team is very likely though.

You can’t throw a child in at 6. That’s mental stuff.

1 Like

Ye have a strong team

Ronan Maher was only 20 last season, and he’s the best centre-back in the country. Tadhg de Burca was only 19/20 when he first started playing centre-back for Waterford.

It’s only Wexford. It’s only the League.

1 Like

Let’s not make the same mistake with Kyle Hayes that we have done in the past. He should be minded and eased into things, used as a sub and given a chance to fill out.

It’s worth noting that one of the most promising Senior Players we have brought through in quite a number of years is Diarmaid Byrnes, who didn’t play County Senior until 22 years old,despite the fact that he was a big tall young lad. He was afforded the chance to mature both physically and mentally and thus bedded in pretty quickly to Senior Hurling. I’m not saying keep lads back until 22 but we need to give them a chance to mature. I hope Kiely will, I think he will

3 Likes

He badly needs to fill out. Im not sure he’s a 6. He’ll make a top half forward for sure. Excellent in the air and brilliant at running at defenses. He could be our bonnar maher.

I agree with the point in general, in that the likes of Hannon & Dowling probably weren’t done any favours by being brought in earlier.

But hurling is becoming a younger and younger players game at the same time. You’ve got the likes of Wayne retiring before his 30, Niall Moran was only in his early 30s, people saying Jim-Bob is coming to the end when he’d previously have been seeing as being the age to hit his peak.

It’s something that needs to be taken on a case-by-case basis, you can’t apply a blanket rule without looking at individual circumstances. Gleeson burst onto the scene straight out of minor and impressed right from the start and has gone from strength to strength.