Limerick GAA - Box Office

Limerick will win nothing without an in form Shane Dowling, if Kiely can get the best from him there’s a chance this thread will get even more interesting.

Loved to be proved wrong but Dowling has never done it for me from play. If we can find a consistent free-taker then i’d have him out.

Easier said than done I guess,.

Dowling appears to be finally fit.

A fit Dowling has to start for me, he’s a great ball winner and is capable of doing something a bit different. Hadn’t a great season last year, but no one did, he looks a lot trimmer this year.

3 Likes

Fair enough if he looks fit then iI’ll hold my judgement. Best of luck to him.

Sales of hot chicken rolls are way down on the Ennis Road

1 Like

Fist time seeing the mark yesterday. Complete non-event in the game. I think there was two called in the whole game? Once played on and once stopped. It didn’t help that most of Limericks kickouts weren’t clearing the 21 nevermind the 45 :joy:

Cork have lost 6 starters from last year.

Dowling is far more effective from play than Hannon. He’s great in the air, and far more likely to force something big to happen. He has a big game temperament and is the man you want standing over a difficult free. We also have no one else that you’d back to put away penalties. I think he has to be on the inside forward line rather than half forward. Remains to seen if he’ll fit into how kiely sets up the team but I reckon he will. One of the first names down for me.

2 Likes

I don’t doubt the lads talent and maybe the break will be of benefit but he needs to embrace the fact that he needs to be an athlete as well as a hurler. No point breaking your bollix on a Sunday (which he does) if you don’t have the right mental approach the rest of the week ( which I suggest he may not).

Give a dog a bad name. Has not been an issue in two years.

I’d suggest differently.
I have no doubt that the lad is our best hurler. If you are telling me he cant be fitter than last year (or the year before) well then whatever S&C coach is being used should be sacked.
I am not saying he is not fit (in the way lads were fit in the 80’s/90’s). I am saying to be a top level inter county player (which he can be) he needs to be at a completely different level. I haven’t seen him in 6 months so maybe he has changed but if he is carrying the arse he had last year he is at nothing.

1 Like

There’s not a one of them couldn’t be fitter than last year.

ah I know that but no matter how much training some of them do they wouldn’t lace his boots ability wise.

Wed 25th Jan
Peter McNulty U21 Football Cup Semi Final
Gaelic Grounds: Limerick v Laois 7.45PM

You travelling down for it?

Even if I was picked I’d have thought twice about that one.

4 Likes

Think of all the sausage rolls and fizzy drinks

1 Like

Can we also drop into Finnegans? Us roasters love Finnegans.

Exactly. But he also always tries. Can’t be said of all of them.