Limerick GAA - Box Office

I know I’m possibly leaving myself wide open for a slating for what I’m about to post but I do feel that a run in the Munster and All Ireland club competition is the last thing we need. We have done well in the last few years but we cannot seem to marry that success with the county scene. Maybe an early exit in Munster will give time to the new manager to try and harness what talent is there and have an uninterrupted shot at getting a decent panel together.

1 Like

Why would he suddenly start now?

1 Like

If inter county success is the only yardstick then it’s obviously a valid point but the All Ireland club is a great competition and will continue to be a priority for clubs in Limerick with the potential, currently NaP and Kilmallock.

You are correct, the success of the clubs has impacted the county team.

The ego’s which came with the success impacted them more than the success itself I’d say.

KK never have an issue with it.

I don’t disagree horse. And I know I have no particular allegiance to any club in Limerick given where I am located. So yes I tend to see it from a county rather then club perspective. I just think that a year without interruption from a club like Kilmallock or NAP having a decent run would give time for a new management team to assess their options

Cody doesn’t do egos

+1. A lot of these NaP players have been on the go for ages too.

Very true mate.

Jesus I thought I was going to get slated. Although tis early yet

Nope, fully agree the county side has suffered hugely without NAP and Kilmallock the last couple of years.Hopefully Portumna will go on a run while the league goes on next year.

4 Likes

+1 the break will do them good.
The two extra games at the start of 2016 obviously had a seriously negative effect on them and Limerick.

2 Likes

Daly has the limerick job lads @ChocolateMice cant come to terms that a clare man will be in charge. J B M ME
@Julio_Geordio @glasagusban

You are fairly in the know when it comes to Doon alright :smirk: Who are the Doon posters on here? Or are you talking shit again…?

Mike : club all Ireland’s really have no bearing on county team . Since 1988 Galway have won at least 11 Club titles . Granted they have no provincial minefield but it means very little . Antrim have a better record than Tipp in the last 20 years and are level with Limerick.

So true. And look at the damage done to Wexford by a club run to the AI semi.

2 Likes

In hindsight the semi-final going to extra time caught up with the Limerick and Wexford county teams later in the year.

2 Likes

Certainly. We could issue a joint yearbook for 2016 titled “The 20 minutes that cost us trophies”

TJ and Liam’s interviews only took 20 minutes?

Of course a pedant might point out the fact that the county players on those teams may actually have played less games that normal due to them being exempted from the Royal Liver National League games, but that wouldn’t happen on here.