Limerick GAA - Box Office

Didn’t hear

Special Congress has been arranged. We had a great meeting.

I hope you didn’t forget your prozac

Cheers Mike. So no one really knows then.

It will be in place for the 2018 Championship.

It is designed to destroy the Provincial Championships by dint of familiarity, and it will succeed. In 10 years, the Provinces will be gone.

Having said that then what are your thoughts on it? Do you believe it’s the end of the present system for real and are you happy with that?

All I heard was that about 70% of the counties involved were in favour but some of the “weaker” counties had concerns. Now what that means I don’t know. But it was good enough for the GPA raise the issue.
On balance though I’d say it’ll happen

There’s a three year testing period so it’ll soon become apparent if it’s a runner or not. The change will be interesting.

2 Likes

What sort of name is Molumby ?
Some bastardisation of the equally ridiculous Molumphy ?

It will be. But it is not necessarily a bit thing. The provincial championships lost a certain amount of appeal with the advent of the qualifiers anyway.
There can be arguments made either way as regards whether it’s good or bad for hurling. On the one hand you can make the argument that the likes of Kilkenny /Tipp etc can afford to lose possibly up to three games and still win the thing out.
On the other, if the likes of Limerick, Waterford, Wexford want to maintain any ambition of winning it, they will have to seriously up there game.
This could also mean ( no disrespect to the football brethren ) that the bogball will suffer consideally as I can see most resources being ploughed into hurling.

I didn[quote=“TreatyStones, post:9642, topic:22756, full:true”]
What sort of name is Molumby ?
Some bastardisation of the equally ridiculous Molumphy ?
[/quote]

Mikey Daykin ???

Maybe the Waterford PRO is dyslexic or just coundn’t give a fuck.

The Askeaton man was on for the second half (as much as I was there for). Looks handy but Limerick seemed to dominate possession for the part I saw so not under serious pressure.

I’m pretty sure he started. Did fine by all accounts.

1 Like

Thirty fucking nine :sweat_smile:

1 Like

It is excessive, but with a lot of them away with the seniors, it is handy to have as close as possible to 30 for training. There’s a couple of players who you’d wonder why they aren’t included but in general, the best players are all there.

What’s the story with Paddy O’Loughlin? Has he been starting for Kilmallock? He was an important player for this team at minor level.

And is Ross Griffin of Ballybrown minor?

1 Like

Minor? He’s at age For 21s.

Aye, that’s what I meant.

And all useless

Useless,worst 21 panel left in the country.

Dylan Dawson has really disappeared off the radar too.

1 Like