Limerick GAA - Box Office

Tupp panel:

He’s been playing for Blackrock but hasn’t been scoring; far from the form of 2014.

:rofl:

Politics written all over that 21s team. Shame.

1 Like

We must have some forward line if Oisin O’Reilly can’t get in that team. Not because of the three goals at the weekend but because of his club form at u-21 and senior this year. Terrific pace and an instinct to go for goals.

Strong team, can’t imagine preparation has been ideal with so many on the senior panel.

A few lads have made the bench on reputation alone having shown little form this year.

Will ye win the U21 all Ireland ?

It’s a shame & we don’t even know half the politics involved with a lot of these Limerick team selections .

Has the TEAM been selected yet ?

1 Eoghan McNamara (Doon), 2 Sean Finn (Bruff), 3 Darragh Fanning (Pallasgreen), 4 Dan Joy (Kilmallock), 5 Ronan Lynch (Na Piarsaigh), 6 Kyle Hayes (Kildimo/Pallaskenry), 7 Josh Adams (Ballybrown), 8 Robbie Hanley (Kilmallock), 9 Colin Ryan (Pallasgreen), 10 Aaron Gillane (Patrickswell), 11 Cian Lynch (Patrickswell), 12 Tom Morrissey (Ahane)(Captain), 13 Peter Casey (Na Piarsaigh), 14 Barry Nash (South Liberties), 15 Barry Murphy (Doon).

16 Cian Hedderman (Ballybrown), 17 Conor McSweeney (South Liberties), 18 Thomas Grimes (Na Piarsaigh), 19 Andrew La Touche Cosgrave (Monaleen), 20 Lorcan Lyons (Monaleen), 21 Oisin O Reilly (Kilmallock), 22 Paudie Ahern (Killeedy), 23 Conor Boylan (Na Piarsaigh), 24 Seamus Flanagan (Feohanagh)

1 Like

I would like to have seen O’Meara start, I think it is an excellent side. O’Reilly and Ahern may be a little unlucky but who would you drop?

What’s up with ALTC?

That forward line must deliver . Really there can be no excuses .

1 Like

He left the senior squad, not really sure in truth. I think he has a right cut about him, a super wing back. Himself and Ryan were the keys to the half back minor team for me.

1 Like

Yeah I saw that Limerick team a good few times at minor and he always would have been one of the best

I have been a bit peeved how they have been trying to turn him into a forward when it was obvious how good a back he was. He plays in the forwards for the club never looking outstanding. I would have like to have seen him wing back with Ronan Lynch midfield.

That’s a good team.

If I was picking it, I’d probably have had ALTC for Josh Adams; Willie O’Meara at full-back and I’d have Colin Ryan at wing-back, wing-forward or corner-forward. But still a good team.

Dan Joy is an interesting one, an unheralded player at minor level but is going well for the Kilmallock seniors now and deserves his spot. Jack O’Grady a bit hard done by, not to even be on the bench.

No O’Meara even on the bench is a bit of a surprise. Oisin O’Reilly, Seamus Flanagan, Paudie Ahern and ALTC lose out to Barry Murphy but he is a good hurler too.

On paper, it’s a serious half-forward line.

1 Like

I’d Swap Morrissey for Nash.
Flanagan is very unlucky but a great guy to have on the line. With that half back line selected we need the midfielders to work their arses off.

Is he starting? Seen him listed as sub a couple of times — he had bad injury problems in 2015 I think?

He started one or two games, and was a sub in one or two others. Don’t know about the injuries.

Surprised Thomas Grimes starts instead of Josh Adams.Murphy to start at CF with Gillane and Cian on the wings,Casey,Morrisey and Nash inside.