Limerick GAA - Box Office

If Dan Joy wasn’t dropped for the Well semi final last year we would have won the county.

1 Like

What the fuck are lads on about here with “politics” in the selection??! Bullshit as usual.

McNamara is probably the best keeper in the County at this stage so can’t be that selection

Seán Finn was our best player v Clare, can’t be that one. Dan Joy playing really well for Kilmallock.

Darragh Fanning hugely impressive for Pallas and played very well in the u25 game v Clare. Willie O’Meara held scoreless in Junior A Championship defeat to Templeglantine where he didn’t puck a ball and didn’t want to know about it when it got rough and tumble by all accounts. He’s played as a forward by his club because he is a forward, they can’t figure out how the County make out he’s a full back. So hardly that selection?

Lynch and Kyle Hayes = no argument there, though I would have played Kyle in the forwards. Josh Adams did very well v Clare u25

Colin Ryan = no argument. Robbie Hanley had a fine game v Clare u25 and was in with the seniors at start of the year

Cian Lynch, Gillane , Morrissey, Casey, Nash all Senior players who all played v Clare… hard to say they shouldn’t start in U21 team then.

Barry Murphy was impressive in Clare u25 game, really classy hurler and was excellent for Doon v Ahane. Paudie Ahern could feel aggrieved after a hat trick v Clare u25, so too could Oisín O’Reilly, "but it’s not as if Barry Murphy is no good or hasn’t been playing well. He was the standout player for me in the Clare u25 game.

I think it’s a good team selection and we’ve good subs to bring in. I just think some cunts love to moan

11 Likes

Hey , never deal with facts when a good conspiracy theory can be put forward

From what I’ve seen at minor level, that’s a good team.

Whats the story with everyone announcing U-21 panels all of a sudden? This a Croker mandate? And who the fuck has a 39 man panel in June?

Fuck off

1 Like

Drunk again mate?

Yes mate, celebrating Cork saving hurling.

We’ll win this well.

If you’d have Kyle in the forwards, who would you have at centre-back? At minor level, this team had class forwards, very good wing-backs and corner-back but were weak down the spine.

He should shore that up, and hopefully Fanning can hold his own on the edge of the square.

Colm Lyons is a wanker — I thought this game was tonight but i’m delighted to hear it is tomorrow.

Really? A lot of these Tipp lads will have two All-Irelands in their back pocket, coming from very well-coached and smart teams. It’s not the shower of no-hopers that Ryan and Nash ran riot against in the Gaelic Grounds 3 years ago.

I would consider them the biggest threat in Munster.

I’d have had

McNamara

Finn
Fanning
Joy

R Lynch
J Adams
C Ryan

R Hanley
C Lynch

K Hayes
B Murphy
A Gillane

B Nash
T Morrissey
P Casey

But I don’t have an issue with how the side is laid out. It probably gives the team more stability with Kyle at 6.

Whereas on paper we have 20/25 lads who are up to the standard the form of our leaders would be worrying, None of our senior panelists have set the world on fire and the concern would be that this team hasn’t been together as a unit. Tipp have only 2/3 on the senior panel and that may have helped their preparation better.

Have faith, my friend. This team is in very good shape.

1 Like

Just as a point of order. He’s played FF for his club because we need him most there. We don’t have the luxury of taking someone who can score like he does and putting him FB. He had a poor game v Templeglantine by his standards, but conditions were awful, his team was awful and he was double marked. I’ve never heard of anyone in the club questioning his positioning by the county, it’s so rare for us to have someone at that level that we are just happy to have a representative.

Another thing in tipp’s favour although a paradox is no senior starters . This will give a full panel focused on the grade .

Gives you 24 hours to “take care of him”?

1 Like

Already too much hype about this Limerick team…my confidence is disappearing

This is the best time to be a Limerick supporter, the soaring confidence in advance of the crushing reality check