Limerick GAA - Box Office

As dodgy said, the best thing about him was that he is willing to drag a man down rather than letting him walk in on goal – We don’t half do enough of that carry on.

1 Like

Limerick have some outstanding young hurlers coming through. Let’s hope as many as possible keep progressing and fulfil their undoubted potential at senior level.

At this stage we could do worse than start the spine of that 21’s team, with a few bolt ons

E McNamara;
S Finn, R English, M Casey
R Lynch, D Hannon, K Hayes,
Browne, Hickey
C Ryan; A Gillane, C Lynch ,
P Casey; T Morrissey, B Nash

Cian Lynch looks a seriously solid unit these days, really bulked up. I’m going to suggest to John Kiely he tries him with blinkers as he’s always seeing a man in a better position and trying to hit it to him regardless of whether the pass is on, sometimes he should just have a go himself.
There was one stage in the first half where he got on a ball on the 45, soloed back to the 65 all the while jinking left and right, problem was no one was within 20 yards of him so he was faking out the air basically. On the 65 then he looked around realised there was no one on him and hit a lovely pass in (should have shot himself). I think that kind of sums him up really. Very talented but needs coaching.

1 Like

Regard the attendance , morale is pretty low in the county at the moment truth told . First round underage games generally attract this kind of attendance . Also Tipp weren’t expecting much .

On a broader note it is better for Lk underage teams to draw realistic crowds. I remember an old lad commenting during the 3 in a row u21 years that U21 teams shouldn’t be getting that kind of support . He had a good point .

1 Like

Always dangerous doing that. I mean Kiely has practically done that with the 2015 21s and everyone thought we should do it with the 2011 team, now it’s time to discard all them?

Look at Cork, everyone thinks they’re the dog’s bollocks now and have such a young team. And they have added a few young players who have revitalised the team. But it’s not a complete revolution, they didn’t just cut every player who had a couple of poor games before, they worked with them, got their confidence up and now the likes of Lehane, Nash, Cooper, Ellis, Cahalane are playing better than ever before. Getting more out of Horgan.

I don’t think Cork are particularly great, and I’d love to have a crack off them but even I have to admit they’re getting a lot more from their players than we are at the moment.

1 Like

I’m not an advocate of fucking out the whole lot of them either but at this stage it’s clear that the young lads couldn’t be worse than what we put out the last day. On a case by case basis.

Quaid, holding us back puckouts wise IMO.
McCarthy. Finished.
D Morrissey. Not up to this level IMO.
J Ryan. Slowing dramatically.
Mulcahy. We can’t keep persisting with him.

I forgot about Byrnes who if he promises to stop hitting it wide deserves his place.

Really it’s just getting rid of the lads who are finished and giving the young fellas a go. A blend of the 2015 21’s, the current crop and a few veterans. Every single one of them already on the senior panel as well.

1 Like

A new manager

Kiely is a monkey

McNamara is a serious 'keeper, his handling is top class. Excellent distributor too.

Tipp were woeful but it was a clinical job.

Hayes was MOTM. Tom Morrissey was a strange choice imo, he was ok but Hayes lorded it all the way through. Colin Ryan brilliant in the first half but faded a bit in the second half. Grimes put himself in the frame for a start the next day too. Boylan has some paw on him also.

Good start to a hectic week and a bit.

Does Brian Ryan of Liberties have to come back into the panel aswell?

His puck outs are sharp

what odds would you get on limerick doing the double @ChocolateMice

ye could do a clare in 2013 cc @ChocolateMice @dodgy_keeper no mess ye will

I would have to agree, all good sides do it. You can stop a teams momentum very easily.

Where are we meeting up before the football tomorrow, guys? Does The Ardhu have gluten free sandwiches on its menu?

If you’re up in a bit of time head to the Curragower for lunch mate, get the scampi and a pint of Guinness and eat it on the deck. I’ll see you in the Ardhu for a pint afterwards.

The curragower does the best steak going in limerick at the moment.

Informative

Whats your frame of reference here, pal?