Limerick GAA - Box Office

As much as I agree that Cian Lynch’s best position is in midfield, he was at half-forward for most of the game yesterday, Kelliher & Foley were at midfield. Won a few nice balls, although I’d say 80% of the Patrickswell puckouts went down on top of Gillane.

Definitely would like to see him get a chance in the League to stake a claim for a starting position. Very good in the air, well able to use the ball… I don’t know if he has the all-round ability to cut it at the highest level but I’d definitely give him a chance, his ballwinning would be a huge asset and didn’t miss a free yesterday either.

When is the Munster cup starting?

Dunno, was the first week in January last year.

Which really is no time of year to be playing hurling, hard to learn anything. I suppose it’s more about getting the tactics/gameplan right early rather than about the individual performances and execution.

Gillane played U21 last year did he? Came on as a sub and did well if i’m thinking of same chap? Or am i thinking minor?

I just don’t think he’ll be able to afford to experiment during the league. Having said that , you’re right. January is an awful cunt of a time to be experimenting

He started against cork and was dropped v tipp if memory serves me right.

Started in the corner against Cork for the 21s last year, came off at half-time. Don’t remember him doing much tbh. Don’t think he played against Tipp.

He would have been on the 13 & 14 minor teams, was never more than a fringe player though. Those were very talented teams though, and he’s probably come on a lot since then. Certainly has serious aerial ability, and it’s not as if he’s that tall.

That’s him. Ivanhoe they calll him, it’s down to his ankle supposedly… He’d make Emile Heskey blush apparently.

While I’d like to see us get promoted and have some meaningful games early in the year, I’d make building a team (and system) for the Championship as the priority for the league. Doesn’t have to be crazy experimentation, but all these lads knocking on the door are good hurlers too.

True. Making a league semi final and showing some promise would suffice

To be honest it is really hard to see Lk beat Galeay in March .

Galway are very very close to an AI, they’ll have only one goal this year, maybe they’ll take their eye off the league.

It is. Only thing is, it’ll be in the GG

Galway don’t tend to be that great early in the year; have never won more than 2 games in the round robin section of the league since it went back to 6 teams. I get that it’s a lot more competitive in the top division, and I’m sure they’ll be fired up for it but both teams will be far from Championship pace.

It’s way too early to tell, but I wouldn’t be writing us off in October.

Galway are nothing. How many All Ireland’s have they again? That’s right, four. Sure we’ve been in six or seven All Ireland finals since we won no. 7. Galway need to be afraid of Limerick, they’re the underdogs here.

1 Like

Agreed, it’s only fucking Galway FFS :laughing:

I am not writing Lk off but merely being honest saying that at this stage it is unlikely they will beat Galway. Lk don’t have great form themselves this time of year . Lk have a long way to go .

That’s the spirit !!

Say nothing till you hear more

Last year we were playing absolutely shit, and we still beat Dublin who had beaten Galway fairly handy.

Like we were really awful bar demolishing an even shitter Wexford side, and we still managed to beat them (obviously Dublin weren’t really at the races themselves).

Galway aren’t that much better than us that it’s beyond the realms of possibility that we beat them when both teams are going to be way off their top form.