Limerick GAA - Box Office

V difficult task for the man, when a lot of lads simply won’t commit.

Not the first time Liam Kennedy involved in a venture like this. Back in 89 Cormac Bonner brought the Liam McCarthy cup to Ard Scoil Ris where I was a 5th year student at the time. From memory it was him and Noel Sheehy (full back) I think. We were then given a half day but a good crowd of us that were hurling at the time refused to take it saying it was a disgrace that a Limerick school would be honouring a Tipp All ireland win despite Bonner being a teacher there. We sat in the school till 4 o clock and then left as normal. Caused a bit of bitterness with him and Liam K at the time as we were about to embark on the schools first ever Harty campaign but to this day I believe we were right. Luimneach Abu!

4 Likes

Great bunch of lads :+1:
Should win Munster club championship this year.[quote=“Bandage, post:1824, topic:22756, full:true”]
The brains behind the Well:

[/quote]

Fuck Tipp

1 Like

Horrible bastards.

I can’t think of too many club players bar Ger Collins who you’d think were better than what was already commited to the county ?

Ah come on pal…Gearoid Hegarty is the best footballer in the county…Boris H would also start if he committed…and there’s a few others.

Townies be townies

1 Like

Could include Ger Collins in that…for a footballing county that we are…it’s a pity.

I forgot about Hegarty. Borris would be a decent addition to the squad but even when he was there he didn’t hold down a regular starting place.

Gearoid Hegarty & William O’Donoghue are the best two midfielders in the county, and would be a huge asset from a ballwinning perspective, also free up Darragh Treacy & Seanie Buckley for elsewhere, or you could even put Hegarty on the edge of the square. Hegarty is the best player we have by a long way imo.

Then you’ve got Collins as you mentioned; Seamus O’Carroll & Boris Hanrahan are both better than what we have, both fast, strong direct runners too.

Obviously Jim-Bob would be a huge asset too, and John Riordan went for hurling this year too, I rate him quite highly; be great to get them on board.

Then you’ve got the likes of Eoghan O’Connor, Danny Frewen, Bobby O’Brien, Mike Fitzgibbon who would at least bolster the squad. Not sure if Robert Browne is back in the country, would have him in the squad for sure too.

Then you have to try and keep and Johnny McCarthy, Paudie Browne, Seanie Buckley for one more year.

Re Borris.that was due to him going on a lads holidays at the time if I remember correctly…he’s a serious ball player…and would give Limerick football a boost if he was to commit to the cause…but sadly it won’t happen.

Be better for Limerick football to have him then not.

Billy Lee is sound. May the road rise for him!

John Riordan seems to be seriously struggling with injury. I doubt you’d see him playing inter county again. Robert Brown would be a good addition alright but don’t know what his story is.

Hegarty is the best footballer in the county…that’s a fact.

Agree, he is the only one. The rest have never proven it on the big stage…Sorry maybe Eoghan O’Connor

1 Like

Hegarty and Jimbob will be starting for the hurlers in Ibrox next June.

Just because they have never proven it on the highest stage does not mean they should not be asked to come on the panel this year!

Borris and Ger Collins should be asked back to the football panel imo…if they can’t commit, that’s the end of it then though.

Hegarty is going to start for the hurlers and the day of the dual player is gone, so he’s out of bounds unfortunately.

Ardscoil Rís, a proper hurling school. That little bitch @anon32894817 would have skipped out the door for his half day.

:clap: