Limerick GAA - it's Box Office - Always Has Been, Always Will Be

Casey x 2 ; Dave Dempsey ; Dowling , Downes , Ronan Lynch ( I was a doubter ) . I also think Will O Donoghue could be a potential mid fielder . Also Boylan as a project ,

Every hurling man I have spoke to all week has been raving about William Oā€™Donoghueā€¦

I wouldnā€™t have all of them. On the panel, yes, but donā€™t think theyā€™re all good enough to start.

In fact, one who I think would still be a real asset is David Breen but sadly heā€™s not an option. Still brings a level of aggression, power, work rate and direct running that we lack.

Peter Casey- yes, for sure. On his day, heā€™s probably our best forward.

Michael Casey- will be there or thereabouts. But Finn, English, Condon, Hickey, Richie Mc are all contenders back there too. If heā€™s on form, heā€™ll make it. Needs to work on his distribution though.

David Dempsey- a seriously talented player but I wouldnā€™t have him in my starting 6 forwards, all on form. Good bench option though.

Dowling- Will most likely start.

Downes- Iā€™ve always been a big fan, and heā€™s a good ballwinner & direct runner. The habit of taking potshots over the shoulder is very annoying though, and he might be in direct contention with Dowling for a full-forward spot.

Ronan Lynch- Not a forward, isnā€™t one of our two best midfielders. Probably a wing-back, donā€™t think heā€™d start there on current form. Hopefully he has a good league and comes into contention though.

WOD- Good player; has the athleticism. Hurling a little slow maybe; will be there or thereabouts, but I think I prefer Browne, DOD and C. Lynch as midfield options.

Boylan- Presumably Jerome? His time will come, excellent hurler. Wonā€™t be next season.

Casey, Casey and Dowling are certs to start. Iā€™d be hoping Downes and Lynch can win their places and would be big additions. If Dempsey comes on another bit he could start again, I think he was more suited to impact sub last year. Time has come for Oā€™Donoghue, could solve a lot of problems for us at midfield. Too soon for either Boylan.

All very light.

Limerick will not reach their potential without a firing Kevin Downes .

1 Like

Iā€™ll be very disappointed if someone doesnā€™t post a starting fifteen up soon.

2 Likes

They are but they all can travel I have my doubts about WOD on a fast track.

I felt you were a bit slow off the mark this October compared to last year but itā€™s reassuring to see posts on this thread with preferred starting lineups for matches in 7 months time.

6 Likes

WOD can travel and he can hit with a presence . None of the other 3 offer that solidity .

1 Like

DODā€™s not that light. None of them are the size of WOD obviously, but are better hurlers. I do think WOD is a good player and will be in contention as he was this year.

Iā€™d love to see Byrnes tried in midfield personally.

How many of the latte sipping cunts would you select ?

1 Like

Byrnes is an IC wing back , not a midfielder .

Heā€™s got the attributes to be an excellent midfielder.

And at wing-back, he doesnā€™t provide the inside forwards with any sort of good service.

He wonā€™t at midfield either .

1 Like

Loads of them deserve to be on the Limerick team but my worry would be that theyā€™d be on the go for a long time if they progress with the club.

2 Likes

Horrible Idea.
The fucker would lose a heap of balls hitting them wide and high out of the stadium from midfield.

So in a nutshell you reckon Limerick hurling in 2018 will be best served by either Thurles growing a pair of cojones or Ballygunner upsetting the formbook ?

Why did the players abort the heave against management in the end last month anyway?

I never heard that theory .