Limerick GAA - it's Box Office - Always Has Been, Always Will Be

Excellent report.

Gillane is the real deal. A real leader with an excellent hurling brain. Calm as you like, fast as lightening and hard as nails. Heā€™s going to be a superstar.

1 Like

My revised championship team Quaid, Hickey, McCarthy, English, Morrissey, Hannon, Byrnes, Lynch, Browne, Hayes, Nash, Hegarty, Casey, Flanagan and Gillane.

Gillane could be a hall of famer

1 Like

I would have Hegarty in the half backs for Morrissey and bring in Downes but would agree with most. You could play Dowling but only as a full forward.

It finally looks like we have a decent squad with options off the benchā€¦The only two question marks there are Hegarty and Flanagan ā€¦ Flanaganā€™s time will come. Hegarty is a back or nothing.

You can always carry one lad like hegarty in the forwards.

Yeah - weā€™ve done it for long enough.

1 Like

You said it. No one like him around the country at the minute, heā€™s head and shoulders above the crowd. Heā€™s a fucking monster! Weā€™re so lucky to have him, but not only him, Casey, Lynch, Morrisey, the Ryans Hegarty Kylfe superstar Hayes, the list goes on. Thereā€™s about 10 A Iā€™s in this team, our time has come.

Martin Kiely said Limerick were very unimpressive today and the second half was a complete non-event in his RTƉ radio match report earlier.

Do you really expect balance , nuance and perspective on this thread ??

Itā€™ll be a cold day in hell before he says anything positive about the Limerick hurlers.

1 Like

MArtin Kiely is a prick.

2 Likes

Didnā€™t Limerick put 7 goals past Laois away from home last season? They seem to be going backwards at an alarming rate under Kiely.

Laois have come on in leaps and bounds bro.

2 Likes

Liam Ahern and Dodge more or less said the same. Dodge was very disappointed and maintained a top team with real hunger would look to put 20+ past Laois. i.e Limerick are lacking a killer instinct

That looks quite decent. Plenty of spots up for grabs though, and hopefully some real competition for places.

I would worry that Byrnes and Morrissey as wing-backs would be more ā€œhip and whipā€ than being too concerned with letting the likes of Casey & Gillane get decent ball. But I do agree that they are the frontrunners for those positions and very likely will be playing.

Iā€™d like to see Nash get a game at full-forward against a decent team too, and maybe Morrissey at centre-forward. Iā€™d like to see Mulcahy get a start at some point in the League aswell. Not sure how long theyā€™re out for.

This season is a marathon not a sprint(look at Galway today!),save the goals for playing teams who are an actual threat to us rather than banging 6-7 of them against Laois.We battered the shit out of them last 2 years and failed to get promotion and we wont give a fuck if we beat the Biffos by a point next week if we are back in 1A when all is said and done.

1 Like

Wise words.

Galway are only back a week. I dont know if we have it on the side line, mate ā€¦ we will see. We have the makings of a very decent squad there now tho.

Scoring 6 goals against them last year did us no fucking good.

I thought we did fine today, there wasnā€™t much bite to the game but at least we were trying to move the ball properly. At this stage, itā€™s all about fitting into a rhythm and players sharpening their touch & fitness. It is nice to see some players put their hands up for a starting position though.

1 Like