Limerick GAA - it's Box Office - Always Has Been, Always Will Be

Hearing Dec Hannon could be back for next Sunday.

2 Likes

Progress for Limerick this year will be to not finish bottom of the Munster group. Realistically we are currently 5th of 5. Waterford & Tipp ahead of the pack so it’s between us Clare & Cork. A great season would be beating both of those, and if we got a favourable draw making an AI semi. A good season would be finishing 4th.
Really what I’m hoping for this year is signs of progress, a team playing to a system that suits them and working their balls off.
I think the extended exile in Division 1b is killing us, but I actually don’t think it matters as much anymore with the new championship format. The extra games at the higher level will be the making of our young lads hopefully. If we can scrape through in 3rd and have a settled team by the end of the group stages then we can look to kick on. The 3 games vs Tipp in 07 made that team, teams are forged in the heat of the championship and we’ve been gone far too early the last few years to make any improvement.

3 Likes

They’d be fucking mental to rush him back

OIsYlBN

6 Likes

I’d imagine, if fit, he’ll be on the bench and only presssed into action in case of emergency.

Been forewarned now after the Biffo’s annihilation of the Dubs.

With a predominantly young side and all the absentees we are nearly better off in 1B this season. Would be eaten alive up in 1A every week against seasoned sides.

To be fair 1b is looking a lot more competitive than it has in previous years, Antrim and Offaly seem to be way ahead of where they have been which is great for everyone.
No excuse to underestimate them this year considering how poor our record has been against them when they were shit

Is it come championships 4th in Munster v 1st in Leinster in the all Ireland 1/4s?

3rd versus 2nd, I think.

The top two in each group will contest the respective provincial deciders. The provincial final winners advance to the All Ireland semi-finals.The beaten provincial finalists will contest the All Ireland quarter-finals after that fuck knows!

Pretty sure its the top 3 in each championship goes through, so 3rd in Munster plays Leinster runner up and vice versa, finish 4th and your out of the championship by the end of June

2 Likes

While winning a match would be an improvement on last year, the players are (and rightly so) aiming for much higher. Anything less than a semi-final should be considered failure.

Thought it was only the bottom one that went out?

Think you’re wrong, mate.

1 Like

So Galway,Kilkenny and Wexford should get to an AI QF at the very least nearly every year from now whereas Munster will be an even bigger minefield to navigate(Tipp will be a cert for a top 3 finish every year like Galway in Leinster)

I am. Just looked it up there.
Top 3 through. Winners in Semi finals, 3rd play finalists from Joe McDonagh Cup in qualifiers, winners face losing provincial finalists in QF.
So better off in Joe McDonagh cup really

Offaly and Dublin are building. Even the counties below the top tier are improving rapidly. Laois are coming again too, while Michael “Skully” Ryan and Colm Bonnar are doing trojan work in Westmeath and Carlow respectively.

1 Like

Ya true and kerry are coming down here too I forgot about them!

Shur what would be the point of playing those matches, if after 10 matches, only one team had been eliminated?

$$$$$

We’ll only have 2 or 3 years of this anyway. This will spell the end of the provincial Championships, as planned and it will move to an open draw.