Limerick GAA - it's Box Office - Always Has Been, Always Will Be

If you believe what went on last night Rathkeale parish extends to cover half the square in Ballingarry.

It goes pretty close to it!
The church is nearly in Rathkeale.

1 Like

Probably means a fair chunk G/B players over the last 50years should have been playing with Rathkeale. A commission of Inquiry will be required to clean this mess up.

If clubs around the county sought to rigidly apply the parish rule there would be great craic altogether .

Footballers transferring to Rathkeale or what was the craic?

https://www.townlands.ie/limerick/rathkeale/

It’s our territory - not an inch! :wink:

Lads who went to primary school in Ballingarry living out the church road couldn’t play with G/B all the way up. The cut off isn’t far beyond the village in all fairness. Has cost us a few handy players over the years alright.

No real rivalry between the clubs in all honesty. Mind you I remember a mass brawl at an u-14 or u-16 football match maybe 15 or 20 years ago. Supporters and everything hopped the wire. The game continued and everyone shook hands at full time! :smile:

Our best underage prospect and who’ll be playing for the adult intermediate hurling team in 2018 is the son of a staunch Rathkeale GAA man.

What’s with the little island of Rathkeale out on it’s own?

Rathkeale parish has a reputation for always being on the move

2 Likes

Ye are living so close together over there there might be more than one the son of a staunch Rathkeale man

1 Like

You’ll be right eventually I’m sure Joe.

Only messing Davy is not stupid

1 Like

No mileage for travelling between the GG and Clare

You’re a gas man Joe. T’was you said he was going to Limerick.

No joke JP should get hin

Is the limerick Offaly game on television

Thank fuck they never won anything except a few camogie pots.

He might win one Joe but the body count would be too high a price.

Darach Honan fairly stuck the boot in on Davy and Clare here.

1 Like

You have to train all players

There was always a healthy rivalry between the mushes and Ballingarry. The Granagh crowd, muck savages for the most part, were more Croom oriented and most of them went to school there.

However the rule whereby young lads living a stones throw from Ballingarry and conducting their lives, friendships and education in the village but actually technically in Rathkeale parish, being forced to play with Rathkeale is just bonkers. I knew one or two of them and even they agreed that it was crazy. They hardly knew the Rathkeale lads they were hurling with. I remember one of them telling me that his children would never face the challenges that he had to face.

1 Like