Limerick GAA - it's Box Office - Always Has Been, Always Will Be

I’d say he is referring to Sean OConnor. In fairness, a fine prospect and the son of a man who is originally from the border himself.

Davy played Byrnes wing-forward for LIT?

Only one change for the Offaly game, Murphy in for Hego. Hannon back on the bench.

Had heard today that the management were keen to persist with Hickey at full back. Don’t understand the logic behind it at all.

That team should still have enough to beat Offaly though.

2 Likes

Limerick by 10 +

2 Likes

To be fair he has been doing ok in that position in recent weeks. Nothing fancy. Admittedly it’s still pre season.

Glad they’ve persisted with Flanagan again this week. Every chance this match will descend into a war of attrition and he relishes that.

Still not convinced on the half forward line. We seem to be going for stoppers rather than score getters. Puts an awful lot of pressure on the three lads inside, two of them in their first year on the panel and the other who featured sparingly last year.

2 Likes

I’m glad Flanagan kept his place as well, Sunday hopefully will suit him. Good to see Murphy get a start too, nice hurler who’s well able to take a score.

Hannon back on the bench is good obviously as well, would like to see Colin Ryan get a good run from the bench, we’ve got options there even within the notable absentees, which bodes well.

Must win game.

I wouldnt be overly concerned with the half forward line, given our absentees, if we’re at anything this year we should have enough to win there.

Good to see the midfield combination kept in place.

Thought reidy deserved his chance. Done well coming on last week and isn’t involved with a college.

Bizarre that Paddy O’Loughlin is starting again given he couldn’t get onto the U21 side last year under Kiely. I don’t like that team, there’s a fair chance we slip up again to our bogey team Offaly. Full forward line all three of them are newcomers and unexperienced at this level. Offaly’s dander will be up after last week and it is a no lose situation for them against us.

How many bogey teams do limerick have?

Killenny
Galway
Offaly

I have to agree, I don’t like the choice of O’Loughlin, Colin Ryan should get his chance at half back, he was the most impressive half back on the 2013 minor team. Andrew La Touché also, again trying to make a forward out of a back. For me neither next to near inter county forward standard. I would have started David Reidy for Barry O’Connell. It is going to be close I think.

It’s disappointing to see other lads get chances but still no start for Malachy. Maybe he’s not showing enough in training but he seems like the type that performs best in matches than in training. Give him a start Kiely FFS

Very poor selection alright. Offaly by 3/4.

There’s a pub not far from the field with a red exterior. ( That’s all I can remember ) where I got a fine feed a couple of years ago. Anyone any ideas? I’ll be heading there again

There’s a very good family mass in Tullamore at 11am. I’ve went to it before Wexford league matches before. A little stroll back to The Bridge House then for a 12.30pm roaster carvery and then O’Connor Park for the 2pm throw in.

2 Likes

Offaly are value at 13/4 .

Don’t be coming in here trying to indoctrinate people into your cult you cunt. You have a thread for that already.