Limerick GAA - it's Box Office - Always Has Been, Always Will Be

Poor @Crutches

1 Like

Heard knee op reqd. Dont know any more

Is it true he fell off the roof at a house party in college court while doing the funky chicken dance?

Think twas him that hobbled by my table last night in one of his ‘in-laws’ establishments

Hickey could work well at full back, he’s fast strong and good in the air and great man marker. Coming up against teams rotating forwards or playing two man forward lines the full back job is changing a lot. I still reckon McCarthy is the man for full back and he finished last season well.

If Hickey moves back our half back stocks don’t look so great with Hegarty and Hayes presumably continuing as half forwards. Morrissey currently the next in line, I’d prefer Lynch or possibly Ryan.

Ronan Lynch and Malachy?

Ronan Lynch wont be starting this year, that’s for sure.

1 Like

It’ll be our loss if he isn’t.

What can he provide that others cant?

A fuck load more medals for a start.

They’ll be handy alright.

3 Likes

Yeah - The Galway/Tipp/KK lads will all be blown away by that.

1 Like

Christ on a bike :rofl::rofl:

:smile:

I’d prefer Hickey to Richie at full back anyway. I know fellas will harp back to he’d a bad day at the office a few years ago versus Dublin but Richie has had many bad days himself.

Ye won’t have to worry about Galway or KK mate

Every possibility we could fall into a quarter final, mate… anyone could really -

I thought it was just the top two going through for some reason. Ye have as much chance as Clare/Cork so

There was a vidjo uploaded to YouTube there lately of the Dublin league game above in Croker in 2013 - Dublin went into an early lead in that game and there are a couple of clips of Dub forwards simply running around McCarthy at their leisure. In my view there are probably 5 intercounty-standard corner-backs on the panel, I’d prefer to play any of them at full than Richie at this stage.

It’s a crazy system – couple of injuries in such a short period could throw you - You could get blitzed first two games and aim to scrape your last two and get to a quarter, picking up wins against a team already through and trying out a few players …

Limerick play Cork in Cork on a Saturday night 7pm throw in — lovely stuff. (cc @dodgy_keeper)

1 Like

Like any fullback when Richie has been left unprotected by his half backs and lads out the field have acres to find their men, he’s been roasted. See Tipp a few years back for example. Hickey was destroyed the same day. Anytime he’s had a reasonable level of cover he’s done fine.
Take KK last year Hannon sat in front and swept up and the only ball in was 50/50 , our fullback line looked competent as a result.

3 Likes