Limerick GAA - it's Box Office - Always Has Been, Always Will Be

Thought Richie was excellent v Kilkenny. On days that the whole team has played well he has rarely been the one that let us down. On days that the team played badly of course he has been exposed.

1 Like

I’m predicting this new Championship format as being a disaster for match attendances. There’ll be very paltry crowds turning up to these games leaving them more akin to league games. I’m predicting this 3 year trial period will be abandoned after next year. 1 year of it is all we’ll need as an example. A Championship season of lackluster non passionate head to head clashes will simply not work.

If only Ronan Lynch was there to make that difference. Stupid fucking management cunts.

2 Likes

Anyone care to break down the medal haul there?
Just out of interest.

1 Like

When there is space in front of a full-back it’s fair to expect him to be under pressure. It’s not fair to expect him to be roasted. Ultimately in a one-on-one situation, everyone has to be able to fend for themselves, whether it comes in low, high or wide. I would question McCarthy’s ability to get close to his opponent with a ball played to either side of him, where I wouldn’t question Hickey or English, for example

All well & good when he’s soloed halfway up the field & lost possession. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Do you ever get tired of the crying laughing face? Using it every time makes you look like a tosser.

3 Likes

If there’s space i front of a full-back, on a decent surface, and the full-forward is an in-form Seamus Callanan, I expect them to get roasted no matter who they are. Even Daithi burke, probably the best in the business at the moment; does very well because the space is tightened.

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

You’ve become very uptight, pal. Lighten up ffs.

1 Like

Not that McCarthy’s not guilty of that either…

You’re referencing a league game in 2013 as a reason why McCarthy isn’t good enough for full back. Check out who won the all star that year for his performances in the championship, where you want your hurlers to perform

Peter Kelly was the All Star full-back in 2013.

2 Likes

Apologies you’re correct, but Richie got one at number 2 because of his performances at full back that year

1 Like

I know. He was excellent that year and in 2014 as well. I only reference 2013 really because I watched the video recently.

I’m not going to go on about it - I would have reservations about Hickey in the position as well and the alternatives are fairly untested at senior intercounty but imo a certain level of athleticism is a requirement for the position.

Good night for us with Mary I and LIT dumped out of the Fitzgibbon.

Lynch, Gillane, Byrnes & co should have uninterrupted preparation for the Dubs on Saturday week now.

Hopefully UL are knocked out tomorrow too.

5 Likes

Especially with Na Piarsaigh tied up it’s great, I fear UL will fucking win though

In the name of fuck… :rollseyes: Christ that’s the best in a good while

Apparently Gillane didn’t play for Mary I because of injury; hope it’s not serious.

I think UL will at least get to the final though and the numbers of our lads in LIT/Mary I in comparison is inconsequential really.

1 Like

Dublin beat Limerick in 2015 in Croke Park, running up 1-23. Mark Schutte, with 1-5 from play, destroyed McCarthy that night. In 2013 Limerick beat Dublin in Croker in League proper but lost the ‘final’ to Dublin in Thurles the following month

Daithi Burke is as fine a defender as there has been. He marks callanan as well as he can be marked. With good ball in, callanan in particular, but many good forwards will torment their marker.