Limerick GAA - it's Box Office - Always Has Been, Always Will Be

As an aside, my good pal from ballygar has just had a beautiful baby boy. I just texted him to ask would we wet the babbys head na piarsigh style.
He immediately replied that heā€™d see me in cafe Nero in thirty mins.

10 Likes

You wonā€™t be stuck for a coffee shop in Limerick. Thereā€™s loads of them.

1 Like

The number of which has risen exactly inline with the upwards trajectory of Na Piarsaigh hurling.

Is it NAP success thatā€™s driving the coffee houses or the coffee houses thatā€™s driving NAPā€™s success :thinking: Maybe they are all just hepped up on caffeine and the poor culchies canā€™t compete

Looks like there could be a lot of closures soon so.
We havenā€™t won a U16 match in years.

Heard the other night that the well are struggling for numbers underage lately as well.

Not good at all.

Monaleen and Doon are the strongholds I heard??

Just a blip pal, can happen from time to time. Mungret will be very strong in the future if they get the buy in from parents over there.

They will have everything going for them demographically anyway along with a secondary school.

:laughing:

Saw the footballers a couple of weeks ago v Laois. Desperately limited. Going by the reports it was the same v Carlow.

Away to London this weekend. Donā€™t know anything about London but they had a good win last week, think they beat Wicklow comfortably enough so must have something about them.

London are a very, very generous 11/8 with Boylesā€¦ 5/4 with Powers.

Have to have a small nibble at that price.

TBF to the footballers they had probably 2 out of the 3 toughest games first. But ya, value alright youā€™d think. No excuse for lack of a free taker at this stage. The way we play frees are absolutely vital, if youā€™d to carry a fella corner forward to take them itā€™d be worth it.

In more positive news Barry Murphy seems to have found a new level of hurling this year. Wouldnā€™t have been one of the obvious ones to make the step up from the 21ā€™s so thatā€™s fantastic.

1 Like

Thatā€™s the wonders of Fitzgibbon cup right there.

The Fitz is a great competition to develop hurlers. Youā€™re right though could well force his way in, massive work rate but scoring heavily now as well.

Is the best match in the country now limerick vs limerick second team?
It certainly sounds that way.

Donā€™t be silly. Itā€™s Limerick vs NAP.

Yerra that is the same thing.

We have taken over from Kilkenny. There will soon be a few thousand turning up for training games in the gaelic grounds. Great news for supermacs.

Heā€™s a great bit of stuff, I think weā€™ll really see what heā€™s capable of at U-21 level this year. Think he was fulfilling a role last year, but is a very talented player in his own right. Fantastic attitude too, could never fault his work rate and very good in the air too.

Solid free taker too.

Yea Limerick are the new Kilkenny I said as much last year cc @ChocolateMice