Limerick GAA - it's Box Office - Always Has Been, Always Will Be

Looking at the post game now and Paul Browne in particular looked delighted to finally win promotion after spending nearly all his years playing in 1B,the likes of himself,Richie and Hickey seem to be rejuvenated with the influx of all the younger lads.

1 Like

Cant blame him for being delighted, must be some pain in the hole to be handing out trimmings to the likes of Antrim, Offaly and Laois year after year. Sheer and utter relief I’d imagine.

You wouldn’t understand what with you not having a pair.:grinning:

I got huge cojones mate. Swollen, bloated, massive.

I may need to get them looked at now that you mention it.

1 Like

Id say it was some relief after all those close losses in the promotion play off games,it’s only the league but as you said it’s hard to keep motivated for last few years against the weaker teams year in and out.

Shur look, who the fuck would want to be playing against that sort of shite, when you could be having Saturday evenings in Semple, or PUC, or hosting Clare in the GG. Its a no brainer, if you can, why wouldn’t you want to be doing that.

Important too we are promoted on merit rather than losing and going up with a potential league restructure,I could imagine the severe ball hopping and winding done on here if that happened but fuck it we are there now!

I think a lot of the voyeurs here are losing the run of themselves here . Most Lk folk know yesterday was a good win by a young enthusiastic team versus a team way way behind in preparation . It was a important step for this team . Galway looked rusty and a little unfit even when 8 up . There was one period in 1st half after 20 mins approx when the camera honed in on Conor Whelan and he looked well gassed .

We fought like cats and dogs for a while there in the first half but we turned it around and the juggernaut is on it’s way.

Ye fought like a family of tinkers, who then around half time noticed another shower of tinkers disrespect them, so you turned on them then and celebrated your victory long into the night.

Are you allowed to use the word “tinker” on here?

We ARE a family of tinkers . Real fighting men .

I’m from Laois, we dont pronounce our TH’s.

2 Likes

Is there a civic reception or any sort of home coming tonight where we can get our photo taken with the cup?

1 Like

They are in the four elms now and will be over in Herberts for the afternoon.
Plans undecided for tomorrow as want a pub with a bookies nearby to keep the bets analog.

Iron Mikes would be perfect but there aren’t enough Kilmallock men on the team to justify it.

Kiely says we’ll be going all out next weekend so a few of the voyeurs and the Caherdavin fanny boy who didn’t sleep last night with the seethe can relax a bit :smile:

So you were wrong then?

1 Like

In the cold light of day, it was a great win and will be fantastic for confidence. As for the performance, there is a lot to work on.

First of all the wides. You would hope that some of these will turn into scores as they sharpen up but Byrnes blazing it wide from out the field is becoming a big issue. You have Flanagan inside who scored 5 from play and Murphy turning his man inside out and Byrnes is bating it over their heads. I’d drop him just to give him a kick up the hole if there was an adequate replacement. He’s very strong & good in the air, just needs to work on his decision-making.

He wasn’t the only one though, there were shots from Gillane, Browne & Morrissey that just weren’t the right options and that is something that’s only going to get harder as things intensify.

Hannon, for a man of his talent, delivered some very poor ball at times. His man did score 1-4 but it’s not all down to him. Very hard to hold the middle and stop a roaming centre-forward.

The half-forward line struggled at times in the first half, but came into it. Reidy had a bit of a disaster tbh but he came back strong. A serious sharpshooter, hit two points in the second half when his confidence could have been low and also set up Kyle’s goal with an excellent run.

The much-vaunted Galway full-forward line only scored 3 from play. Our full-back line were superb, goal aside.

It was nice to see us creating goal chances too. Kyle really should have had another and there was at least one other time where we opened them up and had men over.

Subs made a big impact, both Mulcahy and Pat Ryan’s scores were very well-taken.

And it was a great sight to see Cian Lynch galloping through the heart of the Galway defence in the 69th minute to give us the lead. We look a lot fitter than this time last year.

3 Likes

I am of the opinion Paul Browne was very poor yesterday. I thought he really struggled with the physical aspect in both halves. I would like to have a look at Ronan Lynch or Will O’Donoghue.

1 Like