Limerick GAA - it's Box Office - Always Has Been, Always Will Be

Everyone is still writing us off - saying Galway didnt care and were unfit ā€“ They are all laughing at us.

Weā€™ll show them.

The funny thing is, last year Galway limped past half a Waterford side trying to chuck a game and went on to win the All Ireland. Galway are good but not unbeatable.

I suppose the other thing is we cannot go 18 minutes without a score at any time. Weā€™ve had those kind of droughts too often over the past few years. I know Galway had the same trouble in the second half, but usually, if that happens, youā€™re fucked.

The fact we still scored 2-18 or whatever it was and went that long without scoring is impressive but going forward, we need to maintain consistency.

No surprise there.

@Julio_Geordio, how are the official player ratings coming along?

I didnā€™t think he was poor, but heavy ground certainly doesnā€™t suit Browne. Iā€™m a fan of Browne, thereā€™s hardly a player in the country that covers as much ground as him Iā€™d say. Still worried that our midfield is very lightweight and could get blown out of it. Oā€™Donovan next in line here is another quality player but very light, and if Oā€™Donovan starts at half forward with Lynch and Browne we could be horsed out of it altogether.

Lynch and Oā€™Donoghue two lads that might have had a chance of working their way into a starting place if theyā€™d been there all year that will probably lose out now.

Lads Ronan Lynch is a lot of things but he isnā€™t an inter county midfielder. Come on. Best used as a spare man in the backs or possibly a centre forward.

2 Likes

My revised championship team:

N. Quaid
S. Finn
R. McCarthy
R. English
D. Morrissey
D. Hannon
D. Brynes
C. Lynch
W. O Donoghue
K. Hayes
P. Casey
G. Hegarty
B. Murphy
S. Flanagan
A. Gillane.

1 Like

Also while I think Peter casey is an absolute class act his formed dipped after naps in 2016 and had a poor year for his club and 21s. Maybe best to manage his minutes this year.

Lads. In fairness to ye. This thread is the GOAT !!!

1 Like

Would you fuck off back to picking horses my young man.

If you are worried about Cian Lynch being blown out of it then Ronan Lynch is not the answer.

I actually donā€™t think itā€™s an overly light midfield. Lynch has become very aggressive this year and again horsed a Galway lad out over the sideline yesterday. Usually comes out of any ruck he goes into with the ball. Darragh Oā€™Donovan is no light-weight either. Would agree that Browne didnā€™t have his best outing yesterday, guilty of taking too much out of the ball a few times. If you want to add a bit of brawn to it, McCarthy putting in a claim for no.3 opens up possibilities in the middle for Hickey & Dan Morrissey. I would leave it alone for the moment though.

Whatā€™s wrong with my team?

You have Peter Casey centre forward.

No I donā€™t think Ronan Lynch is a good candidate for midfield, I think he is a live option for wing back or half forward. His use of the ball, link up play and accuracy would be an asset in either line.

Hickey should go back half back where he was good last year. Donā€™t think Morrissey has the mobility for midfield.

Thatā€™s always a Limerick thing. We are never able to keep a scoreboard ticking over.

Ya in-between the two towers. Heā€™s lovey nifty foot work and is very good in the air. Heā€™d cause a six all sorts of problems. Something similar to richie hogan.

DOD is a Kiely favourite and with good reason. Aggression, pace and chips in with the odd score. Works like a dog generally. Would imagine heā€™ll be number 11 in the championship.

Doon will backbone this team :astonished:

I wouldnā€™t replace Byrnes with Hickey because heā€™s also not that good in possession. And Morrissey is doing well in that regard, playing heads-up hurling. Tbh I think Kiely will stick with Hickey at 3 even though Richie was good at the weekend.

As for Browne, would agree he wasnā€™t great at the weekend but Iā€™m a big fan and would have faith. Itā€™s a pity WOD isnā€™t available, as I wouldnā€™t mind seeing him against Clare.

As for Casey, I would say itā€™s more likely Kiely would move Murphy out to 11 than put Casey there. Itā€™ll be interesting though because DOD was flying too before his injury.