Limerick GAA - it's Box Office - Always Has Been, Always Will Be

Go to bed Julio itā€™s well past your bedtimešŸ˜‰

Iā€™m very happy with that. A pile to improve on but thereā€™s a great base there now.
Working the ball well at times but still inclined to hit stupid sky ball into the forwards on occasion.
Quaids puckouts were decent tonight if a bit one dimensional. That fucking short puckout to Forde though :expressionless:
Actually thought Hickey did a lot well tonight, BUT he was, as always, a liability under contested high ball. Heā€™ll be roasted at some stage in the championship. Kiely seems mad keen on him there for some reason. Iā€™d prefer Casey, Richie x 2 or even Condon. The two corners were solid enough as well Finn is a great bit of stuff.
Byrnes was fantastic defensively but fucking hell the shooting is beyond a joke at this stage. Youā€™d nearly be better off with a worse defender who could pass it.
Hannon was solid but like a lot of Limerick lads missed a lot of first time pickups. Hopefully be a bit sharper in championship. Morrisey was solid if unspectacular.
Neither Malachy or Browne impressed me tonight. Though Browne came into it a bit in extra time to be fair. We were dominated in the middle IMO. Need to try something else here, maybe Oā€™Donovan when heā€™s back fit.
Iā€™d say thatā€™s kielys starting half forward line. Full of industry but all three need to work on their shooting. Hegartys hurling has come on a pile this year. Hayes looked rusty again but improved as it went on. Morrisey worked his bollox off but Maher destroyed him when he moved back there.
Full forward line was poor. Murphy works hard but seems very reluctant to shoot. Flanagan drifts in and out of games though I thought he could have been left on longer. Gilliane has been carrying a knock the last couple of games Iā€™ve seen him. Iā€™m not sure why he was left on so long when he seemed to be hobbling. Seems poor management of the young fella at this time of year. He needs to work on his shot selection a bit and heā€™s struggled to win his own ball the last couple of games.
Great to see Nasher back, he adds a different dynamic to the forward line. Iā€™d start him personally. That backwards handpass would have been the moment of most matches but Lynch did an absolutely unrale pickup where he flicked it off his foot that was just class.
Mulcahy did more in his few minutes tonight than he has in previous seasons combined. Amazing what can happen when they stop hitting high ball into small men.

Overall Iā€™m very happy. Seriously need to sharpen our shooting but a great league campaign overall. Tipp have a few more gears in them, but I think we do too. If we can sort our shooting and increase the number of goal chances we create weā€™ll be a match for anyone.

10 Likes

Get a grip ffs sake Limerick never led in that game at any stage.

Arenā€™t you from galway? Tipp beating Limerick in an aul League Semi-Final seems to have rattled the fuck out of you anyway.

1 Like

Wait til munster championship. I just know we will do it. Make this a sticky

Are you drunk? Why would Tipp scraping past Limerick at home in a league match in March rattle anyone ffs.
Get a grip man.

2 Likes

This Limerick team will win an AI.

Really great bunch of young ladsā€¦Tiocfaidh ar La

V happy with that performanceā€¦ideal really.

2 Likes

Im sure the limerick co board took it into account when they were pleading with the GAA for the late throw in. Unfortunately the rugby dragged on with a few long TMO interventions. I felt sorry for the limerick hurlers who deserved to have a few fans there to see them. No doubt they will be there for the big championship games anyway

1 Like

You were right Phil. It badly affected the turnout in thurles.

2 Likes

I was very impressed with Limerick. Going very well for this time of the year. The question is how much have they left to improve as no other side in Munster were as fsr forward in prep as them. Understandably in fairness they needed to get out of 1b.

They are a grand physical team too. That will stand to them

A present here for the cork posters. Next time the cork sombrero guy is mentioned ā€¦

3 Likes

Who was the limerick poster on here who was constantly trying to undermine Kiely with his yarns about the big house and absolute rubbish like that?

They are definitely committed and playing for each other anyway

1 Like

Their finishing is leaving them down, Alot of poor wides again last nightā€¦they need goals badly to win games. Nash and Casey could certainly make a difference.

1 Like

I made it. Got I to the ground at 2 minutes past seven. Went into Killaloo after the rugby and I to Nenagh.

1 Like

Iā€™s have Casey full back. Drop hickey. Iā€™d keep Byrnes for one last chance against Tipp because we will need a bit of cut against them. Casey into 11 and move Kyle to 12. A partner for Cian is needed

1 Like

And the shooting was brutal. Seriously. But losing in extra time is grand. Weā€™d have had a league final bandwagon.

1 Like

Would you try Hegarty There?

No. Maybe Kyle and bring Dempsey into HF.

Munster had a few months head start in its scheduling and selling tickets?

I thought 12,000 wasnā€™t the worst considering it was only finalised as a fixture a few days ago.

1 Like

Casey will not be put to 11.kiely has heā€™s mind made up on the type of half forwards he wants. Hickey wonā€™t be dropped either, hopefully though he will be moved from fb and wonā€™t play there again.