Limerick GAA - it's Box Office - Always Has Been, Always Will Be

Non

1 Like

Spot on about Byrnes and Hickey @glasagusban. Don’t agree with him re Hannon and Morrisey though and wouldn’t be moving Kyle Hayes either at this stage. He gave P Maher plenty of it the the other night.

1 Like

Martin Kielys big agenda now is to get Hannon moved from centre back. It ain’t going to happen Kiely. He says Byrnes attacks the ball and Hannon and Morrissey don’t. He probably attacks it a bit more than those two but both Hannon and especially Morrissey have been playing really well, Hannon is some man to clean up ball around the half back line, Morrisseys block on John McGrath at the end of normal time was outstanding. Both are very good with their use of the ball too. Morrissey generally goes short and finds the man while Hannon hits it with a fair bit of air inside the full forward line for them to turn and run onto. He should probably try playing a few more low diagonal ones in to vary it a bit more, like the deliveries Tom Morrissey gives when he comes deep.
Kiely is a great man to talk about his sources and ‘fíor gaels’ ringing him up bemoaning the state of Limerick GAA and lambasting the county board. He’s some man for the ‘I told you so’s’. There’s generally little veiled attacks at unnamed players as well. When Limerick do end up exiting the championship each year he’s quick to point out that he was saying that he called this earlier in the year, while I think he just talks a lot of vague shite.
I was listening to the Irish independent podcast from the weekends games and Colm Keys goes ‘not many Na Piarsaigh lads will get into the team, maybe Ronan Lynch’. This was obviously before Kiely named his 36 for the championship but in all fairness, that’s very lazy journalism. He just picked Ronan because he was a high profile name who was well known outside the county as an underage hurler.
In my opinion, the best Limerick GAA analysis is done by Colm Parkinson on the GAA Hour, with Michael Carton but especially Cheddar Plunkett who is an excellent reader of the game with a great knowledge. The most recent podcast covering the Tipp game went into very detailed analysis on the way Kinnerk coaches the team, the movement of the forwards etc. Parkinson gives excellent insights as well, you’d know he’s been watching the likes of Cian Lynch and Diarmuid Byrnes carefully, and for a football man I’d put a lot more heed in what he says than a lot of the more established journalists, including Martin Negative Kiely

7 Likes

A kilteely kunt.

Great podcast in fairness.

1 Like

Aren’t they all?

That prick showed his true colours when he referred to a former player - who gave more to Limerick hurling and football than he could ever dream of, - as a “cancer” and then ran with a story about certain players going to a niteclub after the biblical rain game in Wexford Park in 2009. One of those same players went off injured in that game and was in hospital when he was apparently meant to be on the piss.

Glad that most of Limerick GAA have ostracised him and won’t have any dealings with him. At least he still has his legions of “concerned” fans who seem to contact him on a weekly basis. Licks the hole off Tipp, Clare and every other county too.

2 Likes

Lynch wont reply to Wooly’s texts to go on the podcast :joy:

1 Like

He’s right too. No point in hyping him up until at least after we win Munster. It’s grand to have has beens like Dowling on it.

Kiely always has ye hopping up and down like sausages on a pan :smiley:

Sizzling !! The Limerick sizzlers. One auld throwaway comment and they’re hopping.

I didn’t even read it :open_mouth:

Dead right, I don’t want him turning into another one of those socialite pricks.

I think Na Piarsaigh to beat Drom @ 15/8 on Boyles is worth a go.

Also, worth pointing out that Kiely wasn’t even at the game in Thurles. He was in Croke Park covering the Div 3 & 4 finals for RTE.

Passing himself off as a hurling expert offering insightful analysis on a game he wasn’t at and fellas thinking he talks sense.

FFS.

Someone find an emoji.

10 Likes

:fu:

A sick bucket emoji

He is a drain on anything positive.

2 Likes

:face_vomiting:

Shut it down