Limerick GAA - it's Box Office - Always Has Been, Always Will Be

I’m led to believe he won’t feature v cork either. I’d surprised if nap win this weekend.

Doon need to lay down a marker the weekend .

Your mad if you think the well will loose to adare. They’ll get relegated this year if there not careful.

1 Like

If they can’t beat Na P this week they really aren’t worth a shit.

1 Like

Keith O’Kelly of Granagh/Ballingarry just kicked a point from distance to level the game 3 and a half minutes into injury time.

I should have gone to this.

2 Likes

Going to extra-time.

Limerick hit the last 4 points to level it.

Another minor level game lost,when was the last time they won at that level?

Last year.

6 Likes

Against who Waterford? When was the last Munster win against any other side at this age?

Beat Waterford last year. Lost to Clare.

Beat Waterford & Tipp in 2016. Lost to Cork. Was quite a strong team.

We beat Waterford the year before that too.

If you mean when did we last beat Cork & Kerry; I can’t remember it happening.

Limerick football is completely fucked from every underage level to Senior,it’s infuriating to see it happen in a relatively short space of time,Kerry will beat our 21s by a cricket score too another level where the best players in the county at that age group refuse to play.

Think Clare’s win over Limerick last week was their sixth on the trot over them at minor level.

Fair fucks to Clare, at least they are giving Football some chance to prosper.

It’s not in a great position but Kinnerk & Gavin are in charge now and you have to work with lads who are 13/14 now and you will see that bear fruit in a few years.

To be fair, we’ve had decent enough 21s teams for the last few years. Cork may not have been great last year but we gave them a game, and to be honest, Rory Hickey was harsh on us.

The year before we only lost to Kerry by a goal; they year before that, we fucked it away against Cork. Were the better team but the goalie had a nightmare. Now I know they’re all “glorious defeats” and a loss is a loss at the end of the day. But those teams had some good players.

But it’s not fair to just fuck all those lads in at senior and expect them to be good enough. There are plenty of good footballers in Limerick, but it’s a lot of commitment. But you just have to keep plugging away at underage… the team who was U-15 last year looked fairly decent.

4 Likes

True before limerick won the 2013 minor hurling championship they’d two more than decent minor teams in 11 and 12. I think we beat cork both years and lost in extra time to very good Waterford and clare teams in munster semi finals after extra time. Those defeats were tough to take because the seniors were at such a low ebb. It’s best to look at these things over a five year period.

Lost to Waterford below in Walsh Park in 2011 alright. That was a proper sickener. We might have conceded something like three goals in the first ten or 15 mins of that match.

Lazarus like come back led by Dowling and Mark Carmody as we went a point up before Waterford grabbed a late equaliser - we spurned a gilt edged chance to win it with the last puck of the game before Waterford won well in extra time.

I remember that night predominantly for getting violently ill after a fellow TFK poster and his brother started doing rounds of whiskey in the pub that was previously called Mason’s, on the corner of John Street.

That defeat to Clare a year later was a sickener too. We must have missed about five or six scoreable frees on the night. Think it was a late Barry O’Connell goal forced extra time. Shane O’Donnell may have tormented us that night IIRC.

Beating Tipp in Thurles in the knock out Munster semi final in 2013 was a massive, long overdue psychological boost. A good Tipp team dumped out on their own turf and we went on to win our first Munster minor title in almost three decades.

2 Likes

Roasters on tour is it?

1 Like