Limerick GAA - it's Box Office - Always Has Been, Always Will Be

One reason at senior anyway is that too many games are played at the GG.

As balbec says the GG is a turn off for many . Other reasons is that there are many other interests in limerick , a lack of tradition in the city , the game is a basket case in the West . Also the constant tinkering with the structure hasn’t helped the image . There are many more reasons.

1 Like

Crazy playing first round games in Gaelic grounds.

I’m sure that was dictated by the TV deal.

I’m sure it’s a lot easier setting up for TV in the GG than in Bruff or Kilmallock etc

We should tell the tv cameras to fuck off so.

3 Likes

A comfortable win for NaP yesterday. I expected more from Doon, I thought they gave away a lot of stupid frees especially in the first half. That said based on the evidence of the 3 matches Adare and Ballybrown will be fighting to stay in the premier group with the other 4 progressing to the knock out stages handily enough.

Awful poor game

‘‘Twas indeed Doon really put it up to us in the semi final last year and arguably should have taken us. They seem to have regressed but it’s very early days yet.

No fear of NP

The really scary thing is that a lot of clubs in West Limerick are genuinely trying their best or at at least think they’re doing things right but it just seems to be going nowhere. The West Board have enough cash to send coaches into schools to target infants to 3rd class with basic skills and improve the profile of the game but would never do that. Any GDAs etc that come in are usually put with the 5th and 6th which is a waste, kids who are playing at that age won’t be massively improved by them whereas it could have a far bigger impact taking the younger classes

4 Likes

Are you going to go to a game this year?

What was admission into doon nap on Sunday?

That’s some laugh coming from you of all people … I dont think you’ve ever gone to a game of any sport as long as you’ve been here.

Anyway, yes … i’ll be re-uniting with @iron_mike and @feck_it

1 Like

I’d assume it was a 10er

You forgot @buffegan

You’ll be out to pour another’s bottle of Heineken over his head this year.

I presume it was 10e.

How is Buff? any action on the buff egan thread here? — I might buy him a beer this year and make it up with him.

edit — The Clare game is the one game I probably wont make as it’s on the same weekend as the Ard Fheis.

I’ve no idea tbh. If you’re going to the Tipp game let me know, I might get you to bottle a certain Tipp cunt outside the Ardhu.

2 Likes