Limerick GAA - it's Box Office - Always Has Been, Always Will Be

The most enjoyable part of reading some of the very enjoyable last 100 or so posts that have been posted since I last logged on are seeing Tipperary being described as cunts and mutants

The smell will tell kid .

30 photos of a mural taken on a shhhhhmartphone from the last decade which the operator is barely managing to hold and keep his thumbs out of the lens. FFS sake.

Jesus wept.

2 Likes

You missed the most important bit.
Beside the time posted “Edited”

1 Like

:rofl::rofl:

They have the space left for the 2018 Limerick All Stars but I don’t know where they are going to fit the nine names

4 Likes

Let him start with your missus.

1 Like

I’d very surprised if nash was starting. He hasn’t gotten too much of a look since he left the panel last year. He appears to be going in the right direction again. He’s extremly talented. As for Dempsey. It’s possible, he was another lad who lost his place due to the club all Ireland.

Nash might not be too far away I believe

I heard from my sources in Oola that Darragh O’Donovan is starting.

:eek:

There was a team posted today by a new poster (Treatysomething?)

It will be the team that will start against Tipperary.

Kiely taking the sensible option of getting the team ratified on TFK.

Although that would mean no DOD.

We’re 9 days out from the match; I don’t really know how Kiely likes to do it but it seems a long way out to be deciding a team.

My sources in Javino’s on the Ennis road tell me that Dowling starts

It’s been pretty much nailed on for some time, my friend.

Peter Casey would have started had he been fit. Graeme Mul has been going very well of late and will bring some experience to a very young full-forward line. Paul Browne is a concern alright but will get the nod over DOD who has moved ahead of Malachy in the pecking order. In fact, there’s a chance that young Ryan may not make the matchday 26.

As of now the likely subs are Hennessy, M. Casey, O’Donoghue, O’Donovan, Pat Simon, Dowling, Murphy, Nash and Dempsey.

EDIT - That’s 9. David Reidy will be one of the other two. Condon or Malachy for the last spot.

1 Like

I understand that, I mean that is the team that I’ve been saying will start and it is the one I expect.

But it’s still a good bit out to be 100% certain, even for the manager himself.

That’s only 9 subs- there should be a half-back there, O’Loughlin/O’Meara and maybe Richie Mac too?

The interesting part would be DOD considered as a midfielder over Malachy & WOD; considering all the hurling he’s done this year so far was at centre-forward. Personally, I’ve always felt that midfield is the worst of Malachy’s main positions. At the start of the year, I would have favoured him over POL & WOM in the half-back line.

Yeah, I edited that after realising it was only 9.

Will O’Donoghue has come into the reckoning at half back. Was one of the few bright lights in the recent challenge against Dublin. Both Richie and Mike Casey may well be named as subs and J. Kiely has great time for Barry O’Connell too.

As much as a manager might like to pick on form, the first game of the 4-game series is the only one you’ll have time to plan for. That’s why I feel the team for the Tipp game has been settled for a while. Injuries, possible suspensions and loss of form may all play a part. Upwards of 27-28 players will see gametime during this Munster championship.

1 Like

I’d be very surprised if either reidy or o Connell aren’t ahead of the likes of downes on the subs bench.