Limerick GAA - it's Box Office - Always Has Been, Always Will Be

Ah yeah; Iā€™ve seen it happen like that before. In my experience, what usually happens is all the great ideas that you have planned out in your head, and the meticulous planning for the week ahead crumble by half-time in the first game :joy: Iā€™m sure itā€™s different at the highest level though.

I know the NaP lads rate WOD as a centre-back quite highly, but I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever seen him play wing-back or would even have considered him.

I really hope BOC gets in, heā€™s been playing the best hurling of his career over the past 18 months imo, but Pat Simon/Dowling/Murphy/Nash/Dempsey/Reidy is serious competition. Some players will get a chance due to injury/suspension as you say, and will have the chance to seize it and maybe seal up a spot.

I really like Oā€™Connell and was surprised he didnā€™t get a run at half back last year, more surprised he was dropped altogether.

Any chance Dowling wont make the match day squad?

No

If Casey was fit he probably wouldnā€™t.

Bullshit

You were telling us downes would start and he isnt in the 24. If Casey was fit it would probably be a decision between Dempsey and Dowling. Itā€™s quite possible nash has moved ahead of Dowling at 14.

Youā€™re full of shit, zero chance that Dowling isnā€™t in tne match squad, not a fucking hope

This is a gift for my LK friends.

Back Seamie Callanan for MOTM asap. He is going to do untold. Price is decent now so get on. :wink::+1:

Itā€™s unlikely now with Casey injured. The fact heā€™s a good a freetaker will always count in his favour.

On a separate note, Na Piarsaigh are looking for a new Bar Manager.
Full time position.

Anybody interested?

1 Like

Seriously mate, itā€™s ridiculous to suggest that Dowling isnā€™t in a current matchday squad no matter who is or isnā€™t available

1 Like

@anon61956325

1 Like

All nap players were at massive disadvantage due to their involvement with the club all Ireland series.

Obviously, but what sort of dope of a manager would go into a vital championship match without his most obvious gamechanger

I doubt it, what do you think?

Ah now lads, even if Casey was available; Dowling would certainly be on the bench. I would say that itā€™s Reidy that heā€™s in competition with really. Maybe Dempsey at a push.

In fairness to Dowling, and Iā€™m not saying heā€™s going to start, but heā€™s the only forward we have thatā€™s proven himself at county level. He has to be in the shake up. Greame Mul has as well but although form has deserted him a bit in the last few years, seems to be motoring well now

Not one of the limerick players has proven themselves as a top class intercounty hurler.

1 Like

Pat Simon will be on the bench Iā€™ve no doubt.