Limerick GAA - it's Box Office - Always Has Been, Always Will Be

Ah yes, the famous Adare steel.

3 Likes

East, west, South and the cityā€¦once theyā€™re Limerick young fellas who gives a bollixā€¦it doesnt matter.

1 Like

They are obsessed with us.

His father was one hard bastard. Think the young fella is a bit taller no?

Just reading back through the comments here, some Limerick poster bordeline delighted with some players playing poorly so they can prove a point to strangers on an internet forum. No wonder @bandage loves this thread. There were a few Limerick lads out there who didnā€™t have great games but to a man they worked their bolloxs off and that is all I ask any Limerick team. We have plenty work to do but we have 1 key ingredient in abundance and thatā€™s spirit. Great day to be a Limerick man living in Galway. Off to Cheltenham for the week and absolutely buzzing

12 Likes

Fantastic win today for us. To come back like that and win a close game should do wonders for the confidence. Personally Iā€™ve not been as buzzed from a Limerick win since at least Clare in 2015. Some of the defending at the death was heroic stuff.

I was 21 the last time we had a proper league campaign (2010 doesnā€™t count), so Iā€™m looking forward to enjoying one as a proper adult next year.

2 Likes

I am almost overcome with emotion here at the prospect of my beloved Limerick getting back to the top table in hurling. Hurling has been much poorer without the skin and hair flying element that only Limerick bring.

So much so, Iā€™m going to hop on a plane to participate in the festivities in the coming week.

Ainā€™t no party like a Limerick party.

10 Likes

Why are we discounting the Goalie??

John Roche?

Yeah both young lads are taller than what John was. John Flanagan was a dangerous bastard, hard as nails. Both young lads have it, the older boy SeĆ”n is a great bit of stuff too and wouldnā€™t be too far off the standard either in fairness

1 Like

Pal. I grew up on a border town. I want them back cos I want to beat them in the big games. And Iā€™m sure them the same way. 2009 semi was a very sweet day still

Cregan had great time for him.

That joker is from football country . He just doesnā€™t get it.

Weā€™re not, I was just wondering, couldnā€™t think of any West players on those teams

Feohanagh Castlemahon always produced great hurlers. Hope Seamus Flanagan will inspire other kids back there. Great parish.

Limerick first game on League Sunday :wave:

1 Like

Another thing today- last year Kyle Hayes was in his first season and was physically dominated by Galway when he played at full-forward.

Today he came on and bust their captainā€™s face open. He probably didnā€™t mean it but Galway were nasty enough in the first half and we didnā€™t take it lying down. Played it hard & fair.

5 Likes

Despite being no where near as developed physically, Limerick fucked themselves into everything second half and thatā€™s what Iā€™m really happy aboutā€¦ The win was just a bonus.

2 Likes

You are not going to bully this Limerick team.

1 Like

Touhy should be ashamed of himself. no need for that.

3 Likes