Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

Twould be brilliant if Galbally made the knockout stages after such a horrendous start and first year up. There’s a clear gulf in class between the two groups in general, even though NCW probably the best team in it.

1 Like

I wouldn’t say that, I’d say Oola or Kierans would fancy their chances against anyone from the other side bar Adare.

There’s a clear gulf in the group alright between the top 3 and the rest. Other group is much more even.

Adare & NCW very much the teams to beat though.

1 Like

Agreed, top 3 in NCWs group are far superior really. Should be a cracker if Adare and NCW do end up meeting in the final.

I thought that Drom would do it, they pushed Kieran’s all the way. That’s a pretty convincing scoreline for Galbally too, huge for them.

They were excellent against the Townies, very defensive but physical and had a couple of nice players in the inside forward line who were able to pick off scores. Really lost their head though when NCW got back on top, two red cards mid way through the second half

Was a bit of a row last night too I think?

The result against NCW could have been dismissed as ncw being rusty, but to follow it up with a comprehensive win last night is impressive. They’ll have to fancy their chances against Kierans too.

Not sure now, wasn’t able to go. They are definitely improving, should be a good game against Kieran’s which hopefully from a neutral perspective will be a winner takes all game.

Before i close the book on Liemrick v Kilkenny my final points on the game are the management really should have directed Dowling to take the long range frees. Not being critical of the players but the Dow is better than Byrnes. The final one is should dod even attempted to put that side line over ? Not being critical of him for taking responsibility but it’s surely a low percentage shot? We surely should have some sort of power play to play it short to lynch or Graeme? It’s very likely the ref will look to level it up and handy frees can be won near the end. Canning went for a pot shot against us at the end last year but if he played a low ball to a corner forward it’s likely the ref would blow for a free. I think the players didn’t perform but overall the management made five or six mistakes that cost us dearly. I hope everybody learns from these mistakes and we come back stronger.r

5 Likes

I know he’s the man for the big occasion and all that, but he hasn’t struck many frees this year? Hit The Free That Never Landed below in Walsh Park and missed a pile of them in the league game against Cork. I’d agree on DOD’s sideline, especially with the form he has been in all year.

Byrnes is very hit and miss anyway. Nothing to lose letting Shane hit those frees IMO. He’s nailed more than he’s missed… The one just off the bench in the semi final last year springs to mind, a monster

Potentially true but he did hit one from distance in the semi v cork last and kk too if I remember correctly.

He was hitting a lot more frees last year though, the two games he started vs Clare & Waterford he was on the frees. He’s got much less of a look-in this year really and hasn’t got any run at all at full-forward where he’s arguably most effective.

1 Like

It’s really killing me how tactically naive we were and not flexible at all. After three puck outs it was clear kk were going to let us go short. If hannon had swapped for mike Casey for one ball and played it short to him instead we’d have had least make Cody react. We really danced to the beat of their drum.

Glas was screeching he should be starting. He clearly for whatever reason hasn’t been in the same form as last year. I thnik he’s most effective off the bench like in 13 and 18.

It was such helter skelter ferocity the first 20 mins it’s unfair to assign blame anywhere. The break in play with quaid’s contact lenses was badly needed and maybe should have happened earlier. Once we weathered it we came into the game in a big way.
A target man like Flanagan or Dowling definitely would have helped relieve pressure when we just needed to whack it.
It’s fair hard to win a semi when you get there, as it really is a game of inches at that level. I will say whenever Dowling takes the field he should be automatically taking every free.
Anyway a league and Munster medal is a nice reward for a decent year

1 Like

Imo management team always have to keep to their cool. You can’t lose focus for a split second. I much prefer Gillane to Dowling on the short ones. He’s been fairly flawless this year and in the big games last year. Would love to see his percentages.

:smile:
Wouldnt be his first time having an issue when things are going against us.

They should have fallen out about 10 mins earlier this time.

Absolutely. Said this straight after the game. Extremely fucking obvious.

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 10000 replies.