Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

Do you see all the pretend county bags lined up in front for the picture. FFS. At least 5 lads that play/ have played county and they aren’t even playing on the top grade.

2 Likes

Surely the most pointless and irritating phrase in the gaa. The kk idiots used to spout it repeatedly, as if some random army corporal from bsllymuck who happens to be good at hurling owes you anything in the first place you thick fucking hicks.

Seamus hickey retired

Think his first game was in 06 against cork under richie Bennie. We rattled them that night and he was brillaint. Wasn’t always my cup of tea but he always put in a huge effort with limerick and deserved the all ireland. I wish him a long and happy retirement,

1 Like

Hickey retired. I’m slightly surprised, I know he has young kids but he’s very fit and I thought his GPA involvement would mean he’d stay on.

On his day, he was a serious player, the day in the monsoon against Kilkenny probably the pinnacle but he was standout in a poor enough side in 2009 and in 2013, he had a massive season and was a huge loss when he went off injured. He had his bad days too as well as a couple of injuries which disrupted seasons for him.

But a great servant for sure, delighted he got an All-Ireland in the end.

3 Likes

Seamus was never as good as many thought he was , nor never as bad as others thought .

As you say he was outstanding in 2014 ( after a cruciate ) .

He was a good servant and deserved his AI medal

Thank you Seamus.

Probably my favorite seamus hickey moment and one often forgotten was his insurance point against tipp in thurles in 2014. The only time I’ve seen limerick bait tipp in thurles. Went mental at full time.

3 Likes

I always felt he was a tad overrated and possibly never lived up to his potential, but that may be a harsh opinion and injury related. He has seen in all over his senior career and “owes Limerick nothing”

A great moment, superb score too.

A fella who probably suffered from never really settling into any position on the field. Thought Allen’s redeployment of him to half-forward was an inspired move.

2 Likes

He did a decent job there but I wouldn’t say it was inspired .

the move to full back killed him. He had way too much inclination to hurl from there.

A superb athlete and a mightily committed man. He leaves with his ledger in the black anyway.

Is this the fella everyone used to give out to for falling over?

2 Likes

Was it the night that the Rock sauntered up the pitch with a sliothar down his jocks?
Hickey was a very fine hurler, hugely respected around the country as a hurler and as a decent chap, shipped terrible abuse from his own at times, I was at a game in recent years where you’d feel sorry for the shit he had to listen to

himself and Niall Moran were the terrace boo boys for a while.

Ah stop, at his best he was the best corner back in the country. He definitely suffered from being moved around the field. Injuries and travel meant he missed pre-seasons/leagues a few times and that held him back too. His move to wing forward in 2013 was what made the way the team set up that year work.

The revisionism is a joy to behold. Like when some drug dealing gun toting scumbag gets shot in London.

1 Like

Slippy Hickey hangs up the moulded soles.

3 Likes

A bit more bitter than your usual.

We cut them deep.