Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

Just keep your change jar beside the DVD player and then the job will be oxo.

1 Like

Cc

What was on ?

I will have to use the young fellas PlayStation

1 Like

The book that was released this week is excellent and also the one the leader released.

1 Like

Which one was released this week? I thought the Sportsfile one was released in October

The Greenand White people, Ciaran Crowe and Joe Lyons have a lovely publication out called ‘at last’, extended interviews with every panelist and the backroom team, looks great, I spent ten minutes browsing it in O’Mahonys the other day
The musical isn’t till Easter

2 Likes

Please name your best Limerick starting 15 of the last 25 years. 1993 to 2018

I’d go:

Joe Quaid
S. Finn
R. English
S. McDonagh
M. Foley
C. Carey
D. Hannon
D. O Grady
C. Lynch
K. Hayes
G. Kirby
O. Moran
A. O Shaughnessy
S. Flanagan
G. Mulchahy

I didn’t put much thought into my team and while I’ve seen a lot of the games in the 90s I wasn’t alive/ don’t remember many of them.

1 Like

@balbec was Kirby a bit over-rated?
I never remember him doing a whole pile outside of the frees?

he won a few all stars

My father maintained he was useless till about 23 and after that he was brilliant.

1. Joe Quad
  2. McDonagh
  3. TJ Ryan
  4. Finn
  5. Byrnes
  6. Carey
  7. Foley
  8. Houla
  9. Lynch
  10. Dowling
  11. Ollie Moran
  12. Kirby
  13. Mul
  14. Shaughs
  15. Squiddy

Was like the Dow in ways no pace but boy did he know where the posts were. Would make my team any day

4 Likes

Ah will ye stop Kirby carried that Limerick forward line on his own

2 Likes

Madness - Kirby was a great player*

*When all his fingers worked.

We never had a forward line in the old days. Just one or two good players and a few making up the numbers. Kirby was the engine of it really. Very reliable free taker, never a huge goal threat. Never had that X factor buzz about him but rarely left us down.

He was a brilliant ball winner and was some man to take a score when the ball was worked to him. Though he wasn’t a huge goal threat he got some memorable ones. Didn’t he get 2 v Cork in 94? Gary Kirby was a brilliant hurler, unorthodox aright, but a really effective player. Easily in the best 6 forwards in Ireland from 93 to 97

1 Like

Did Beefy get the two in 94?

Kirby…

Kirby got a great goal v Clare in 1996 .

Did we not score 4?? Memory is hazy. Kirby definitely got one at least