Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

Picking Flanagan and leaving out the likes of Lucey Hickey Dodge and O’Mahony who were stalwarts and leaders of the team for about 10 years each and picked up all stars along the way is bananas stuff.

1 Like

He is totally incorrect.

Hannon has been exceptional in the last 2 years. I’ll grant him that.
But, he was a very mediocre player who wasn’t fulfilling his potential for many years beforehand. He had a disinterested go about him which would drive you insane.
He had a great game v Kk in that AI Semi Final but was unforgettable for most of that year.

The same clown would dismiss Hickey for not being a Defender while winning an All Star in the position at a young age, giving a couple of MOTM performances in the position and giving a lesson to one of the finest ever hurlers in an AI Semi Final.

You’d have to laugh at some posters here who’d have the cheek to ever type that Hurling was Invented in 1995. :smile:

Someone also picked Darragh O’Donovan in midfield out of a field that included Cian lynch Ciaran Carey Mike houlihan and Donal O’Grady.

You couldn’t actually make it up.

Lads sneering at Quigley & TJ.

1 Like

Flanagan :fearful:
These lads would have had Owen O’Neil on team of the millennium in 1996

N Quaid
S Finn
M Casey
R English
D Byrnes
D Hannon
D Morrissey
C Lynch
DOD
T Morrissey
K Hayes
G Hegarty
S Flanagan
A Gillane
G Mulcahy

Very hard to argue with that team.

4 Likes

It boggles the mind.

Unsurprising that you rubbish other opinions and then spout this nonsense. You’re such a gossip I’m sure you are well aware he had health issues over a long period.

@anon32894817 started this and fucked off back to the horses :joy::joy:

3 Likes

The only surprise is that it took 5 hours for somebody to come up with this wonderful bit of wit

2 Likes

Lawlor was an unreal hurler tbf

2 Likes

Lawlor was class, I was a huge fan. But probably didn’t have enough games at the level he could produce to pick him over Clarke, Foley, Gavin, Byrnes, even Morrissey.

1 Like

Come off it. Health issues can’t excuse that he was average for a long space of time.
I’ve nothing against him but naming him as the greatest CB in Limerick of the past 25 years is laughable & the work of idiots.

I wouldn’t claim he is the best centre back of the past 25 years either. However, to to say he was disinterested is incorrect.

ReHannon to 6 It was TFK wot done it! Will have to push him to 5 though to accommodate Ciaran Timber Tom Ryan has to be Manager also.

My team

N Quaid
Finn
Richie Mc
D Nash

Hannon
Ciaran
M Foley

Iron Mike
Cian

T Morrissey
Kirby
The Dow

Shaughs
Flanagan
Mulcahy

1. Nickie Quaid
  2. Steve McDonagh
  3. Richie McCarthy
  4. Richie English
  5. Dónal O’Grady
  6. Ciarán Carey
  7. Declan Hannon
  8. Mike Houlihan
  9. Cian Lynch
  10. Ollie Moran
  11. Gary Kirby
  12. Kyle Hayes
  13. Andrew O’Shaughnessy
  14. Shane Dowling
  15. Graeme Mulcahy

Will probably change my mind in an hour’s time

1 Like

Just watching the first ten minutes of the second half back again here.

Hayes is some yoke.

Bang, bang, bang. That spell and cluster of points won it for us.

Canning’s free dropping at the edge of the square still puts the shits up me. :scream:

6 Likes

You can’t read too well for a chap with glasses. :rollseyes:

I didn’t know we were supposed to display real photos. That’s not actually me.

You fucking gowl.

2 Likes

:rollseyes: