Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

giphy%20(10)

5 Likes

:smile:
Ah stop, are you for real?

Boys on the panel last were unanimous that joe mishit by trying to go for the full distance.

They wanted it to go full distance and be wider or over. No scramble or goal chance.

They have a running joke on condon lashing into the galway player which will still be brought up on the 50th anniversary of the win

1 Like

Sorry, should I have laughed at your lame put down.

Go cut your hair. Hahahahaha.

What’s the running joke?

gas simple cunt

Had it gone over a draw would have been bad enough (and felt like a defeat) but a flick to the net for a goal/Johnny Glynn making a fetch and being hauled down for a penalty would have been the most catastrophic ending imaginable.

We’d never have won one again in my lifetime.

Is it Richie Mc who goes up to catch it, the ball then comes off the chest of a Galway player (Harte or Coen) before Condon grabs it. Tiny margins, had that Galway lad gathered it… :fearful:

The lads who are following the cup around like star struck schoolkids

I nearly had a banger above in the hill. One of the lads went blue. His lips were blue

1 Like

Still couldn’t get over a few Galway fans beside me getting up to leave after Dowling’s goal…!

Congratulating me as they left, have they never heard of Limerick hurling…?! :smile:

4 Likes

Fuck it kid. We’ve been on the receiving end of those tiny margins down through the years. How many times have we come out with the "if only " line in the last 4 and a half decades.
Take it , enjoy it . No need to move on for awhile yet

1 Like

Ditto but I couldn’t even see them coming as close as they did

The thread title :grinning:

This piece really captures how we felt I feel

1 Like

:rofl:

1 Like

I’ve often listened to other counties (bar Kilkenny and Cody) saying how their hunger diminished after winning an AI.

It’s only now I can relate to that.

Being honest I’ve absolutely zero interest in season 2019 at the moment. If intercounty hurling was banned in the morning I wouldn’t be too upset in all honesty.

A couple of trimmings off Wexford and Tipp early on in the league should get the juices flowing again.

Who is that behind Condon waiting to pounce?

Conor Whelan?

Agreed at the moment. But only at the moment. Wait until the days brighten up a bit

Whelan.

Fucking hell, if that breaks for him that’s a simple tap in.

Christ, that’s lax marking. Please delete that photo. :wink:

2 Likes