Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

Ah jaysus Mike as I child he was my hero the half white black hemet

1. Mark Keane
  2. Mark Keane

Etc etc

Who was a better 6 than Hannon in the past 25 years? The only player you could make a case for was Carey whose best position was actually midfield.

Talk of Hannon being mediocre and disinterested until 2 years ago is barstool stuff and is a sure sign of a lad that doesn’t have a clue. He had a really poor day v Clare in 2013, other than that pretty much came up with the bulk of scores from play for us since his introduction as a teenager. You very conveniently discounted the unbelievable display 12 months later v Kilkenny in Croker when he was simply outstanding.

2 Likes

You have drank all the kool-aid. All of it.

1 Like

He got 5 from play off hogan that day, almost won us the game, an unreal hurler

1 Like

Eoin Foley and Mark Keane spring to mind straight away. Foley looked like he was on to be one of the best half-backs in the game and Keane was a scoring machine.

I think you can make a case for including Kevin Downes on that list too. Looked to be heading for stardom but, apart from the odd glimpse, hasn’t shown it at senior level.

Go away you fool. :rofl:

Imaginery detective work has turned his Potato brain into mush.

Shane Irwin showed big potential that never materialized.

Denny moloney was a huge loss with his injuries

Mike Fitz never kicked on.

1 Like

Who was the young lad who was in goal before Murray who never kicked on?

Two goals Timmy?

Albert?

Timmy was a great underrage keeper

Great underage keepers are two a penny, it’s a gigantic step up to senior inter county, more mentally than anything else

That’s the point, the question was asked about lads who never kicked on for one reason or another, he’s one.

Eoin Mac could be another

Management wise, County board wise. Every which way you will, we were a basket case from 2002 right up to 2011. At least with Donal OGrady
regardless of your opinion of him, we got some few bits right. Even on TJs departure the academy was starting to pay dividends.
The point being that plenty of lads with potential didn’t kick on during the lean years due to the shambles in the background

2 Likes

Jesus Mike, I think you may have erroneously paid a half a compliment to the Cork Donal o’Grady Riiight,
You’d want to edit that or you’ll be lacerated

I would not say streets ahead but he is the key Clare player for me.

OGrady was doing a fine job until he threw his toys out of the pram.

2 Likes