Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

Sshhh!

I don’t know him personally. Do you not think he bottled it?

You must have severe memory problems.

I’ve simply stated facts. You can stop pissing and moaning about it now.

Glas made some pretty horrific comments about daragh o Donovan post Tipperary last year and bizarrely wanted him dropped. Maybe we shouldnt take any notice of what he says. He’s an incredibly bitter individual and quite twisted.

1 Like

Facts are normally backed up. You haven’t backed your comments up. You’ve zero credibility.

You’re lying again. I said he had a poor game. I can stand over that. You can’t stand over anything you say.

I’ve made my view clear on your comments. Very weak behaviour from you. This isn’t a personal thing, I don’t personally know the player. I have called out turenne and others for comments of this sort before on players not from my club or county. I’ve been quite consistent on this.

I’ve a feeling flanagan will come in for Peter Casey. Thought be was shafted being placed at 14 in a narrow pitch. Gillane should be 14 imo if we start without flanagan.

Daragh o Donovan must be from a different planet So? Because it was fair game with him…

I didn’t criticise his character, or his personality, or direct abuse at him. Clearly you can’t understand the difference.

You also can’t understand the difference between a senior adult player and an underage player.

You are either stupid or a hypocrite.

One of the four will lose out.

Casey - our best inside forward so far this year.
Mul - our best forward against Dublin.
Flanagan - who seems to make the whole team better with his presence.
Gillane - who has morphed into a top player and also a more than decent free taker.

Downes & Pat Simon not been seen since failing to take their respective chance. It’s all fairly cut throat.

I would argue that Gillane has been our best this year, not Casey.

Casey is class, no doubt, but I just feel the whole unit works better when the other three play. Their games seem to compliment each other better.

That’s fair comment, Gillane has come on leaps and bounds. Been terrific this year. Does some amount of unselfish donkey work making runs.

Was he starting on those minor teams in 2013 & 2014? Don’t think he did. Certainly he wasn’t spoken of as being a top prospect at senior level.

I really think gillane and Graeme are nailed on after last week. I think it’s a toss up between Casey and flanagan. Could be wrong but I do feel 14 is not Casey’s best position. I do agree that flanagan makes the rest of the team better. He gives our backs an outlet to hit and make those lung busting runs to create space for the likes of gillane and mul.

Pretty sure that Gillane never started a minor game for Limerick.

1 Like

Remember him coming on in a couple of games in ‘14 alright but not actually starting any games that year. Crazy level of improvement since then.

He’s brilliant in the air. Any time it goes in high you almost expect him to make the catch.

He’s been doing very well but I thought he was a little off last Sunday.

As some others have pointed out, I agree that he’s at his best when Flanagan is on the pitch.

2 Likes

@glasagusban has the usual suspects driven demented around here. Unrale internetting

1 Like

He was poor by his standards last Sunday after a brilliant trademark catch and point to start. Casey’s shooting was strangely massively off, full forward is not his position anyway. Flanagan looked at his absolute best coming on. He did benefit from coming on when we were inreasingly on top and were using the wind to bypass the congested middle third, which helped a lot.

As the Galway lads said last Sunday evening ‘tis only the league’