Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

It’s mad how demented it drives some lads just being reasonable and consistent. They can’t get their heads around it at all.

The biggest positive that I’d take out of last Sunday is that, although it took a little time, we’ve finally worked our how to break down teams that play a sweeper against us.

Its the way its gone nowadays

Have we? I didn’t get to go so only going on tv. It looked to me like wind assisted deliveries helped a lot to bypass the middle in the second half. And also our superior quality players and fitness were always likely to tell towards the end, especially when Dublin had to make so many early subs.

I think sometimes people get slightly bogged down in notional positions, particularly in the full-forward line, rather than how they actually line out.

Last year, we mostly operated with 2 men inside (Gillane + one other) with one in between.

This year we’ve done that sometimes but also tried to isolate Gillane one on one inside even more than last year.

True to an extent but flanagan and Casey are chalk and cheese in what they offer. The number on the Jersey is largely irrelevant but one thing that’s often overlooked is team selection. putting the best 6 forwards on the field is easy but putting the 6 best on the field to get the most out of each other is a lot trickier.

No, I certainly agree with that. Flanagan and Casey, for example, are quite different players. Flanagan can’t do what they Casey can do, and Casey can’t do what Flanagan does.

But between the likely 4 inside, whatever combination we go for allows subtle differences to how we play.

The Dublin inside defenders the last day are a bit like ours , aggressive , quick and physical . It was a good test , really good . A pity Dublin hadn’t Rush , Keaney & Schutte. The injuries affected them .

Assume Rush, Keaney and Schutte will be back for Championship? Their game against Wexford in Parnell Park in May should be cracking.

Yes : It will be very physical on narrow pitch . They also have Galway at the donnycarney venue . Oisin rourke will be a decent summer forward . Unless these guys perform the dubs could struggle for a decent spread of scorers .

Right, what language should I use when a fella shits himself so I don’t upset you in future.

I’ve made my point. You can continue to be ignorant to it if you so choose.

I fundamentally disagree with your point.

You didn’t back it up your point against @anon32894817 with facts.

1 Like

My statements were factual and I’m happy to stand over what I say, he isn’t.

I’m standing over what I said. I said the chap bottled it and you called me weak.

I think the weakness lies with you on this. You’re afraid to call it as you see it because you think he’s a child.

That’s more patronising than my comment.

1 Like

You’re denigrating a person’s character. It’s completely different to commenting on their ability as a player. The person is in question is an underage club player, not even a senior player or a county player. Put your name to it.

I said he bottled it. I said he didn’t have the temperament for it in the last 10/15 minutes.

I didn’t say anything about his character. I don’t know him.

I’ve bottled things as a man and boy and it never hurt me to be told so by a coach.

You think he’s a child which is way worse

He’s an adult.

I never said child, I said underage player. I’ve been quite clear.