Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

Don’t get me wrong, Flanagan is an excellent full-forward, particularly in the way we set up.

But if one of the three lads was injured or seriously out of form, I definitely think Flanagan could do a good job as a replacement.

Kearney is very clever at finding pockets of space. How many times did the get the ball in acres in the semi final?

Ah stop. He touched the ball four times in the game including a fumble and was completely out of the game in second half long before he was taken off. It was not one of his better games. He went on to have a brilliant final.

Just because a player is good or you like him doesn’t mean you have to argue he was brilliant in every game. Your last line is silly as there were 5 other forwards keeping Casey and Dowling off the team.

His post got a like, and that’s all that matters here

How many times was the ball passed to him? There was very little difference in what gillane did in the semi and the final. Likewise flanagan. Tactically we were hitting gillane directly in the semi final as he’d his man beaten up a stick. In the final after a few minutes we were using flanagan as he was getting more joy than gillane. Gillane got very little ball as daithi Burke had the beating of him. It’s a slight tactical adjustment. You seem to give flanagan absolutely no credit for his part in gillane being left one on one multiple times in the semi final which I think is a little unfair. Also he had 6 possessions in the cork game which in 50 minutes isn’t bad for a full forward and a return of 1 point and setting up 1-1 Is fairly impressive. Limerick in the first 15 minutes of the second half were largely out of the game as a team too so it’s harsh to single out seamus. I wouldnt say it was flanagans best game but he done well for the most part. You had every excuse under the sun made up as to why Dowling played so poorly against Clare at 14 yet you throw flanagan under the bus even though he performed much better in the same position against a better team. I wonder why?

He didn’t have 6 possessions, more lies. Dowling was far from our worst player in the Clare game but you keep going on about Dowling in the Clare game, it’s really odd.

Again you can’t admit Dowling played terribly. Flanagan had 6 possessions go back and count them. Hed a decent game v cork for which you simply can’t give him credit for as he keeps na piarsigh players off the team.

I did count them. Stop making things up.

Well then learn to count. A point scored from 6 balls and set up 1-1. You can’t simply say the lad had a decent game. It’s pathetic.

Dowling got 0-3 in the same match from play and won the penalty that he scored himself in less time on the pitch, yet you won’t give him any credit for it and refer to the Clare match as a stick to bate him with.

they both had great years and this is a ridiculous argument you two are having. Pathetic even

1 Like

I’d give massive credit to Dowling for his extra time performance. He totally took over the game. Was the dominant player on the field for those 20 minutes.

Just to break the current stream.

Question for the football supporters on this site (@TreatyStones) and his ilk.

I was out in LIT last Saturday and the underage football academy were there. Appartently Kinnerk involved. Has that been going all the time or is it a resurrection of the one that I though had stalled?

All the time, although i thought he was coaching the coaches!

:clap:

Yeah. i didnt see him there myself but if its like the hurling the “head coach” comes in every few weeks to review the coaches work

Going on at least 5 years I’d say. Lots of the “golden age” players involved, Lucey, Lavin, Ranahan etc. Kinnerk oversees the whole operation and has been from the start.

1 Like

Informative.

i had heard (maybe from disgruntled parents) that it was a bit of a farce and only a show to say they were doing something to promote football

Yeah Kinnerk has been the academy director since 2015. I wouldn’t mind seeing him involved in a similar role for the hurling academy, maybe when he finishes up with the senior team.

Is LIT not a strange Location?

Would they not be better it have it in say…Abbeyfeale

Imagine playing football in killmallock and not Newcastle west…

1 Like