Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

Good win for ye, Kyle was out due to an injury picked up playing football?

Suspended from last years semi final I presume.

1 Like

Informative, had heard he took a knock last weekend but was grand afterwards.

Good to hear.

Ah yeah, he was grand last week after the football; he’s flying tbf to him, be back next week.

1 Like

Football.

2 Likes

Yea, Frank Houlihan was involved for a while alright.

Our elite hurlers should be nowhere near that abomination

1 Like

He probably would if he was still alive. It was all football for the first few years afaik. We’ll have to read the book I suppose.

Then Caherdavin Heights was built and there was an influx of Clare and Tipp people. During the peak times the Na P U16 B team were narrowly beaten in the semi final to play the Na P A team in the final.

Ffs it’s a amateur game .

Would i be correct in thinking a lot more lads are playing football now than say the TJ years? Or is it just who’s on the panel and the club’s their from.

Probably . To be honest the manager & coach would be from a big ball background

A bit of both. But kiely must be alright about lads playing. Oola certainly have their hurlers a lot more than in previous years. No harm for lads to get a break from it I suppose

Pats deserved a point.

Just a horrible, scrappy game from start to finish.

1 Like

Its probably more to do with the "club month " than anything.

A clean break yeah.

The Drom game is down for Kilfinane today. Is that Blackrock Gaa Grounds?

It is yeah, pal. A fine pitch there and a covered stand.

I’ll probably head to Kilmallock for the double header but then again Knockaderry v Feohanagh over in Newcastle looks like being the game of the weekend at all grades.

Grand big pitch in kilfinane. Down the road from the church.

I went to the Monaleen v Ahane game last night. Decent fare but affected by a big wind.

Monaleen deserved it, ALTC & Lorcan Lyons were very good and young Jamie Power in the goal was most assured. Gerry Collins rolled back the years and must have finished with 1-3 or 1-4 from play, scored a cracking goal too.

Ahane were totally dependent on Tom Morrissey frees. I reckon he must have got about 14 points and nearly all from placed balls. No other Ahane player scored in the second half and only one point came from play. Monaleen showed enough to suggest that they’ll compete for the quarter-final place from Group 2.

3 Likes