Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

There could be no change whatsoever,

I wouldn’t say wasted. Big gamble though.

All the Munster teams have improved their lot since last year. We may or may not have. We’ll find out when the langers come up to us in a few weeks. Lose that and the year is done

Surprised lads want Hayes dropped. Didn’t think he’d a great league but the injury before hand and the injury before the laois game wouldn’t have helped his fitness. He was only really getting going in the all ireland semi final. Had a slow enough start against tipp if I remember correctly. Thought boylan was the one to break into that half forward line but he really didn’t grab his chance towards the end of the league.

nobody wants anybody dropped.

He had a very poor league. Kiely picks his teams on form ergo, he’ll be lucky to make the team.

Unless he tears it up in training after the club games. He hasn’t very long to do it.

I gather from this you want him dropped. The notion kiely picks the team on form is rubbish. He has his favourites. Dowling was arguably our form forward after gillane and he didn’t start last year.

learn how to read, dullard

Ok simpleton let’s not have another meltdown.

I should have added here teams can’t afford to allow Casey or Graeme roam free. There more natural scoring forwards than flanagan so that could tipp the balance in Caseys favour.

They’re. tip.

Hayes won’t be dropped . His great value to the team is the ground he covers without the ball . Without him opposition players will have increased time on the ball .

3 Likes

exactly, he needs to be fully fit to cover that ground. he missed a lot of the league and didn’t look fully at it.

The 2 weeks with the club won’t have helped.

Lunacy to even suggest the dropping of Hayes.

1 Like

The ground he covers (which for such a big man, is incredible) is vital to us. Hayes will start if fit. I’ve no doubt about that

a fully fit Hayes. Absolutely

he has had a bad run into the championship this year.

Limerick’s game plan is based upon a hard working and ball winning half forward line and a physically imposing and aerially dominant half back line. The aerial ability of the starting half forward line and the distance that they cover as well as the half back line’s ability to both deliver good quality ball into the full forward line and score points from long range will be two vital components once again if Limerick are to emulate what they achieved last year.

And a tight marking full back line and a hard working midfield that work the ball to forwards in space and a hard working full forward line that can win their own ball and take scores. Oh and a top top goalie. The full package really.

1 Like

And the strong leadership marshaling the omertà

That’s still eating you up :smile:

Newstalk right now.
Surreal interview on religion and English

1 Like

Seemed like a great interview from the small bit I heard on the way home from training.