Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

This second half of the Pwell - Nap game is riveting stuff.

I’ve heard awful things about that group of players

No class, no history

Aaron Gillane was superb in the second half when Na Piarsaigh were starting to close the gap, he’s a super bit of stuff. Kevin O’Brien still probably the best goalscorer in Limerick, the second in particular was a very tidy finish. Josh Considine coming along nicely too.

Peter Casey always a threat inside for NaP, even if a few things didn’t go his way. WOD gets through a lot of work too.

Patrickswell deserving winners alright.

Who was marking Gillane?

Conor Houlihan for a good portion, couldn’t tell from the TV whether there was any change.

Referee was awful, never let the game flow.

Fixed

I still can’t phantom 250 quid a night for a club training. Honestly without a manager I’d say nap would get to the county final.

2 Likes

In Claughaun today, Kildimo/Pallaskenry edged out Pallasgreen 1-15 to 3-8. A very stopstart affair, no fluidity at all, ref just blew for free after free. Darren O’Connell won 7 frees for us, Pallasgreen were not going to let him get a goal at all.

We gave away three of the softest goals you’ll ever see, but in fairness, we responded well to all of them and ground out the victory.

Kyle Hayes hit two points from play and was good, Cathal Downes got through an amount of work and Shaun Barry had a huge second half. Cian Hayes was excellent at centre-back again.

For Pallasgreen, Colin Ryan hit an uncharacteristic amount of wides from frees, the wind must have been hard to judge because we had a few issues with it too. He did score two points from play and his actual tally would be very impressive. Brian Fanning was good in the middle third too, and hit a good point from play. They’ll battle all day in fairness to them, not afraid of using timber too.

Always the same. Loves his whistle

It was dire. The first 20 minutes of the second half was essentially a free-taking competition.

That’s Pallas summed up in a nutshell.

No score from play in the second half kind of sums up our day. Peter Casey had the beating of his man if he only had got a decent supply of ball. As for the rest of the forwards all I can say is that they were poor. Murry’s saves didn’t let us into the game. Bringing on Hen for a midfielder wasn’t the answer to our scoring problems. A couple of big name forwards needed to be taken off. They were in their comfort zones. Dempsey and Downes would have been my choice.

To cap things off, I went down to the new Houlihan’s pub between the two matches, and was directed into the wrong bar.

Even with the loss of Hen we won the Intermediate after handy enough. Much more enjoyable and free flowing game. No better team that The Well to slow down the game if you let them in front. It’s pathetic to look at. They are masters at it.

How could you get directed into the wrong bar? Where did you end up, the Spur?

Fitzgeralds, right beside it.

Ah yeah, The Golden Spur.

Senior 2pm and Inter 4:30pm, we had over an hour to kill between the two matches. Pure madness.

Would a man of his abilities not go looking for ball?

Why was the Intermediate on so late? Usually they fix double headers for 2 & 3.45?

I’ve gone against the Intermediates twice now, and wrong on both occasions. Ye seem to be a lot stronger this year even with a slightly weaker team on paper?

Disappointed in Feohanagh, they’ll be in a bit of bother now!