Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

I know I’m probably stating the obvious here but I presume the five players who haven’t made the championship panel are players who didn’t make the matchday panel of 26 for any of the league games?

No, not all.

This was all covered in the Limerick supporters private group last week. When you get to 50 posts you’ll be invited in.

Josh Ryan is an interesting one i’d say.

More of a footballer I always thought but definitely has the physical attributes for inter county hurling. Saw him take frees for Doon the other night which surprised me considering the skillful players they have.

I could see Kiely bring him in & try mould him into a Half forward like the ones we have. He could easily be another Hegarty.

Not this year year now mind. Too late.

Not sure tbh I presume breen and boylan are two of them anyway.

Kiely cut 7 at the same time in 2017. It’s the only time to do it really. You don’t want to be giving lads false hope bringing them back after the 2 rounds of club. They’ll stay with the club’s now.

Very fair

No it’s very unfair to cut players in the middle of their club championship. He should leave it to the round club championship finishes. Ie next Thursday.

I’m pretty sure the players were told before club started.

That’s logical. Kiely is a fair man.

Boylan??

Shur he’s pushing for a starting place.

It was between round 1 and 2. The players are barely with the clubs and then there told they are dropped as they prep for club championship it’s a disgrace.

Jerome

Kiely should also be watching the clubs games before cutting. Few lads put their hands up yesterday and you wouldn’t pick a few county lads out too.

Injured all the year.

He wasn’t on the panel, he’s been injured since the start of the year.

There are no major shocks with those cut anyway.

1 Like

There’ll be noone get on a panel a month out from championship you nut job

I’m saying a few lads that were cut were outplaying the lads that made the panel. It’s very unfair on players who have given up the last 4 months to kiely to being cut in the middle of their club championship.

Group 2 in the Senior very tight again. Two games in, and nobody has four points.

Knockainey produced a performance to get a draw against Murroe/Boher, they’ll be absolutely sick not to have won though. Write them off at your peril but they’ll need to pull a win from somewhere.

Poor result for Ballybrown against Ahane, but the fact that Monaleen drew with Garryspillane gives them hope. That’s a round 5 clash, and it could come down to that.

1 Like

You’d look for any excuse to stick in the knife.

It’s never nice to tall lads they’re cut. It’s done. I’m sure they were told with relevant propriety.

It’s senior hurling. They aren’t babies

1 Like

Why are you bothering? This was all tidied up in the private lounge.

I’m not in it