Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

This is all Breeno’s fault.

Are we playing for the right not to take them?

1 Like

The right to ritually slaughter them and wipe out the race.

Tell your mate @TreatyStones

1 Like

A lad I know told me that kinnerk got married a couple of days ago with reception in the dunraven. … perhaps not.

It is good to see Limerick stayed local unlike wexford and Waterford who snuck off overseas during the middle of club month. With Davy telling his college students to skip their exams

Thats blackguarding. Cunts.

Kinnerks stag was a few weeks ago alright. We limerick away this weekend or was Dowling just up to see his horse?

Strange post

They are away. Somewhere meath direction I was told which tallies.

When did Waterford & wexford go away?

10 days back

Bruree 4-15 Cappamore 0-11.

I was shocked at how bad Cappamore were tonight, way worse than they were against Mungret two weeks back. Bruree bate them handy; they dominated the first half with the breeze at their back. Cappamore played a sweeper, but he wasn’t very effective and Cappamore didn’t score from play in the first half.

Kieran O’Dea buried a 20-metre free that the men on the line didn’t seem to be expecting. He then set up Mike Lane with an absolutely glorious flick over his own head that took out two defenders. Young Sam Cronolly got a goal 20 seconds into the second half, and Mike Lane got another a few minutes later. That really killed it… although Cappamore had reverted to 15-on-15 in the second half and had the better of the play at times; they were never closing that gap with the forwards they had available.

John Ryan, Eamonn Gleeson, Con Berkery, Eamon Sheehan haven’t featured for them yet; I don’t know if they are gone completely or whether they are expected back. But to have no points after three games wouldn’t have been what they expected, I don’t think. Jack Walsh was probably their best player today.

Good win for Bruree, might be enough to keep them safe already and to try and get into a semi-final. Kieran O’Dea was their main man again, he is excellent. Shane Mullane was in goal and has a decent puckout, Kieran O’Rourke was very solid at full-back as was Ger O’Brien at centre-back. James Vincent O’Brien was a constant threat in the forwards, as was Mike Lane; while Pa Carey at wing-back got through a lot of work too.

1 Like

Wexford played 2 rounds of football and 2 rounds of hurling again, same as last year, and all county players were available. We’re one of the few counties to respect club month. Please apologise.

1 Like

Senior 2 is poor . The last 2 in senior 1 ; the 6 in senior 2 & inter 1 is largely interchangeable .

Junior Hurling League Result
Mungret 3 11 Claughaun 0 05

Sad to see our close neighbours gone so far back.The hope Old Christian’s would keep them afloat has sadly backfired . Athough they did pick up quite a few for the football from them and also at underage.

Is that Claughans 1st team?

That’s harsh, saints Abu, they have a lot of quality coming through at 17,/18 level, behind that is not going well and the decision to go solo was a mistake, driven by some that still think they are a top club in hurling. Sadly misguided. They would have been better off remaining part of southside until they could build. Sadly going nowhere for the time being

Apologies maybe a bit harsh about the team sheets but it is sadly true, and honestly would prefer if they were stronger but maybe they will build again.It is difficult as we well know ourselves.

What’s the deal with Christians?

We’re in that division in the League, and I’m 99% sure Christians were in there originally, and now it’s Claughaun. Do you know if they’re still entering in Championship?

Old Christian’s are on there own now and possibly would be stronger than Claughaun. Any of the good young lads from that amalgamation are Christian’s but they dont really have any hurlers to support them in the long run… . No underage and wont work with Ballinacurra who are making a small resurgance!!They are joined with South Liberties in some underage teams.They are Liberties in hurling… Ballinacurra in football.
Suppose Claughaun hoped the Old Christian’s lads would transfer to them and keep them propped up. Worked in Football allright as Christian’s have no football.Of that Minor team you speak of Claughaun dont really have anyone of note.Cian Casey is a fine hurler but joined Ahane and there is talk of a couple of the other decent lads moving on also.