Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

Would disagree that Christians won’t work with Ballinacurra, it’s the other way around. When southside Gaels formed a number years ago Ballinacurra were approached and refused to partake, and have continued to do so since. They would prefer to send players to South Liberties instead

1 Like

https://limerickgaa.ie/the-limerick-2019-minor-hurling-panel-is-announced/ Fairly remarkable nap have no player on the panel.

1 Like

It isn’t really . They aren’t great at u16 and minor level . Good forwards here and a good few of last year’s better players . The team probably over achieved last year albeit shipping a few trimmings as year rolled on .

7 of last year’s panel, and 6 of them were starters.

2 NCW players, 4 from Ballybrown; again good to see 2 from Effin, 1 from Killeedy, 1 from Kilteely/Dromkeen.

2 Likes

They’ve been going well in challenge games anyway

When is the u20 football?

Ye are away to Tipp on 02/07

Munster Gaa has updated their website

http://munster.gaa.ie/fixtures/under21/

8 of this years panel are eligible for the minor/U17 grade again next year ( Ned Quinn, Luke O’Connor, Liam Lynch, Adam English, Ethan Hurley, Patrick O’Donovan, John Kirby, Ronan Lyons) I’m surprised Aaron O’Donovan, Jack McGarry and Chris Thomas haven’t made the panel. They’ve a tough opening game against Cork but all you can ask for is that their well prepared and competitive on the day itself and that certainly won’t be an issue with this management team.

They drew with Galway in a challenge recently, both teams with basically full starting 15. Any day you draw with a minor hurling Galway side is always a positive one, they have dominated minor hurling for years and years now

Beat Kilkenny in Nowlan Park 2 weeks ago too, both pretty much at full strength. Kilkenny beat Dubs by 1 this weekend just gone in the first round of the Leinster Minor Championship, Dublin would be considered strong at this age.

great spread on that panel. only 1 from kilmallock, none from NAP, 2 from Doon and 2 from the 'Well. That’s a small pick all told from the four powerhouses at senior

Nap would usually have 6 or 7 so it’s a big change.

they’d only McEvoy last year hadn’t they?

and only Jerome Boylan from '17.

The last decade was really the only period when Na p had big representation on Lk u21 and minor teams . They had minimal input on the 3 in a row u21 and as far as I recall had no one on 2005 minor team .

I think they will have a few relatively barren years but they won the Feile this year .

1 Like

Yes . I think he will be good

he was very good centre back for the minors last year. I thought he was excellent down in Ennis.

True but as a club they’ve expanded massively. Ard scoil ris only came to prominence in the mid 00s too which was a huge benefit to nap.

They always had big numbers going back but seemed to haemorrhage players . The ASR and good coaching too a factor . Clubs can easily lose focus when they have too much success . I am not sure about the demographics in their basin but I suspect the will remain a top club at underage for a while .

All clubs are prone to cycles no matter how many people live in the area. The population of the Ennis Road and it’s environs is elderly enough at this stage I’d imagine.

1 Like

They’ve a massive minor panel this year. I don’t know about quality but they’ve still huge numbers.

A lot of the county lads are involved with the underage teams.

There are massive numbers of kids there on Saturdays. Frightening numbers